Kingspan Insulation in Eke

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shop around if buying new, prices vary a lot.
Wickes £42 50mm sheet at my local.
My local building supplier £29.03 50mm Mannock brand sheet.
Selco £38.87 50mm Iko brand sheet.
If there is a building site nearby see if you can get any large offcuts of PIR for free.
Time is money and builders often wont waste time messing about with smaller bits of PIR - just grab a new sheet.

Yes, I remember the winter of '47 in Mexborough - one of the coldest ever and made worse by the miners' strike. Just boasting.........
Small world - my Mum and Dad both lived in Mexborough although I was born and brought up in Swinton ... I'm not old enough to remember 1947 but I was 13 in 1963 and that winter was one of walking to school through snow that was nigh on waist deep in places and the cold was so bitter that you could not buy Fiery Jack rubbing cream anywhere (absolute panacea for chapped hands and knees !). There was no central heating in our house and we had an outside toilet ... interesting times.

We haven't really seen a winter as consistently bad since then I think ... Down here on the Costa del Fareham a heavy frost brings the place to a standstill and I think we have seen real snow (ie: more than an inch) three times in the twenty years.

Yes, '63 was cold too. I was in college and my face flannel froze hanging above the wash basin.

That was the year I broke my shoulder into several pieces by hitting a tree on my sledge. Spent 6 weeks in hospital. Got home to find dad had burned the sledge.

That, IMO, is some fairly dim thinking - if any at all.

Certainly better for moisture to You could also calculate the approximate volume of carbon dioxide produced, as well as the volume of air required for that sugar consumption, if you are capable of doing those sort of simple sums.

Sorry to say it, but as a newbie this is the kind of answer that stops me (and I wonder how many others) posting on this forum.

Apart from that this has been a really helpful thread. Thank you. (y)

Sorry to say it, but as a newbie this is the kind of answer that stops me (and I wonder how many others) posting on this forum.

Post in the beginners forum ... we all play nicely in there .... some people give good advice but their bedside manner is not to everyone's taste.... but you get a gentler ride in the beginners section of the forum....and people who don't play nicely there are usually excluded if they are too sharp with their replies...

Take the rough with the smooth and accept some answers may not be what you wish to see/read, overall though the advice is in the main pretty sound and regulars will call out the dubious actions/content.

Don't let it stop you posting. Laugh and look at it this way, some people don't seem to have the ability to think before hitting 'post reply'. ;)

Post in the beginners forum ... we all play nicely in there .... some people give good advice but their bedside manner is not to everyone's taste.... but you get a gentler ride in the beginners section of the forum....and people who don't play nicely there are usually excluded if they are too sharp with their replies...
Mods: Stop defending unacceptable posters - just censure them and we would all be happier, beginners section or not.

Mods: Stop defending unacceptable posters - just censure them and we would all be happier, beginners section or not.
I think we do censure those who post against the forum rules or who kick the ball not the person - nobody is defending anyone - if a post is unacceptable it gets deleted or edited. The main forum tolerates posts that may be moderated in the beginners section ... hence my earlier comments. By comparison to some on line forums I see this is not a rough house ...

- nobody is defending anyone
Yes you are, and you often do defend this particular individual.
The problem is you only step in when someone actually stands up to the usual suspects and gives some back. Then everyone gets deleted, not just the original antagonist.

I
thank you for the photo.
Was more thinking more of the floor mate insulation. Been given a load of 100mm cavity insulation. But it’s not PIR it’s more foam. reminds me of the stuff florists use, osmosis? Been trying to think of a use for it. it appears water proof but not sure over a prolonged period if it would course damp.

If it’s for filling cavity’s it’s ideal for hives😜

thank you for the photo.
Was more thinking more of the floor mate insulation. Been given a load of 100mm cavity insulation. But it’s not PIR it’s more foam. reminds me of the stuff florists use, osmosis? Been trying to think of a use for it. it appears water proof but not sure over a prolonged period if it would course damp.
Paint with emulsion paint - and use as roof insulation - which is what I have done,

Dont give up, you can get some really good advice on this forum and some of the opinions make you think about a subject in a way that you hadn't before.
I was warned about the reputation this forum has by some of my club members but its not unusual to have a couple of people on a forum whom you wouldnt want to give a lift to in the pouring rain, so to speak. I'm on SCUBA diving, cycling and Landrover forums - it's happens there too. It's easy for someone to write something they wouldnt say to your face but its also easy to misinterpret the intended tone or humour. Best to ignore and carry on.

Dont give up, you can get some really good advice on this forum and some of the opinions make you think about a subject in a way that you hadn't before.
I was warned about the reputation this forum has by some of my club members but its not unusual to have a couple of people on a forum whom you wouldnt want to give a lift to in the pouring rain, so to speak. I'm on SCUBA diving, cycling and Landrover forums - it's happens there too. It's easy for someone to write something they wouldnt say to your face but its also easy to misinterpret the intended tone or humour. Best to ignore and carry on.

That could make an interesting new thread on 'Off Topic': "What forums do you belong to?" Of course, some might be a little shy to list them all......

Latest posts

Back