Keeping records

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how would you be able to contribute any mortality to HMF ?

Just wondered if anyone keeps records of hive mortality figures (HMF)?☠🤬
You would need a microscope and look for evidence of ulceration of the gut, or pay over £1,000 to check on the HMF levels of your fondant or sugar syrup. Looking at the honeybeesuite website HMF hasn't been updated for 11 years.

Sorry grown up people this was an attempt at humour and intended to link two threads

“The truth about fondants” has been closed for getting too long and possibly nowhere so I thought I would introduce an alternative use for he acronym HMF as apparently it isn’t relevant in beekeeping.

So I came up with

Hive Mortality Figures (HMF). The two apparently aren’t linked or are they?👺

linking the thread “wobbly bee”

Agree all the tla's are a version of short hand to save writing out the longer word, it isn't particularly hard to cypher in the context of the subject at hand being discussed about

My sense of humour may be too off the wall sometimes ..so mods feel free to defeat or other.

Sorry grown up people this was an attempt at humour and intended to link two threads

“The truth about fondants” has been closed for getting too long and possibly nowhere so I thought I would introduce an alternative use for he acronym HMF as apparently it isn’t relevant in beekeeping.

So I came up with

My sense of humour may be too off the wall sometimes ..so mods feel free to defeat or other.
Don't worry Mark, some of us appreciated your attempt. 😄

So I came up with

I was with you!😁
Never have mortalities! Well once due to starvation in 40 odd years!

Has someone just turned on the life support for this topic :unsure: reminds of “windmills of your mind “ :confused:

Had My Fun the switch has been thrown............................ I hope (y)

And why is that, what heinous crime have I committed now?
wanting to close down a thread maybe, It has produced nothing but derision toward me personally and my company, I believed and still do that HMF is a serious problem for bees.
I would like to leave the thread with everyone still having a relative amount of respect for each other’s views, most of all friends with a common interest.

Has someone just turned on the life support for this topic :unsure: reminds of “windmills of your mind “ :confused:

Had My Fun the switch has been thrown............................ I hope (y)
I think someone got the original thread unlocked in order to add their two-penn'orth; out of the blue, it popped up the other day

I think someone got the original thread unlocked in order to add their two-penn'orth; out of the blue, it popped up the other day
No. I moved it rather than delete it or leave it for the whole thing to start again.
This one is going in the bin shortly

No. I moved it rather than delete it or leave it for the whole thing to start again.
This one is going in the bin shortly

...whatever the version of the acronym/abbreviation, the topic of HMF does seem to elicit some fairly bad tempered "banter"!

Latest posts

Back