Just wondering what the very light honey might be?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could be lots of different sources, to be sure get or do a pollen analysis check

So was this more of your spring crop or is it more recent ?...When it was foraged will give you a better idea of what it came from.

It doesn't look to me like you have left it to settle long enough ...the jar second from the left looks like it has some scum on top and the fourth from the left looks a bit cloudy,

Fine for personal use but if you are selling it ..presentation is everything. Just saying ...

My guess would be lime if you've recently taken it off and you live down south

The lime is flowering but I'm not sure how long for, I seem to be driving past forage blind folded at the minute.

But the honey out the front is all yellowy green and one bucket was almost grey/greeny colour and tastes citrusy you could say medicinal.
Extracted yesterday/ today and tomorrow I will be extracting.

Our spring honey on the Clee tastes medicinal but I think that's the eucalyptus in it.

Yes, the jars in the background are spring honey.
Does it look like lime?
If it's spring honey then it's not going to be from lime .. Lime doesn't flower until late June - early July, there's three varieties of Lime trees in the UK and depending on the weather and the variety is when they will flower.

Most spring honeys (depending on the location) tend to have a lot of tree blossom in them and they are usually much darker than what you have there ... I am reluctant to say this but you were feeding your bees and awful lot in spring ... is it possible they have moved the syrup up into the supers you put on ? Have you tasted it ? Is it very sweet and sugary ?

If it's spring honey then it's not going to be from lime .. Lime doesn't flower until late June - early July, there's three varieties of Lime trees in the UK and depending on the weather and the variety is when they will flower.

Most spring honeys (depending on the location) tend to have a lot of tree blossom in them and they are usually much darker than what you have there ... I am reluctant to say this but you were feeding your bees and awful lot in spring ... is it possible they have moved the syrup up into the supers you put on ? Have you tasted it ? Is it very sweet and sugary ?
Philip you are not talking to a newb now come on!
The photo is SUMMER HONEY!!!!! WELL THE LIGHT JAR!!!!
I SAID IT WAS SUMMER GOD SAKE!!!....

your barking up the wrong dog mate reread the posts pls?
And as to feeding I fed minimal but all when they had tea spoons of stores while they were expanding they didn't get given enough to store..
I wish you would stop it go and mither some newbs or play with your bees that's what I'm going to do now.
See ya(y)

Philip you are not talking to a newb now come on!
The photo is SUMMER HONEY!!!!! WELL THE LIGHT JAR!!!!
I SAID IT WAS SUMMER GOD SAKE!!!....

your barking up the wrong dog mate reread the posts pls?
And as to feeding I fed minimal but all when they had tea spoons of stores while they were expanding they didn't get given enough to store..
I wish you would stop it go and mither some newbs or play with your bees that's what I'm going to do now.
See ya(y)
~ post #12 ... You said:

"Yes, the jars in the background are spring honey.
Does it look like lime?
"

Better throw your dummy out in some other direction Mark ....

.... and I can't be bothered to look back in your posts but I can remember you telling us how much syrup you had to feed your colonies in Spring ....

And ... if, as you were saying, you extracted and jarred up straight away ,... do you not leave it to setlle ? Not very good practice if you want your honey to look polished and at its best.

Last edited:
Curly your posts say you were mixing up 60kg of sugar in April
You can’t have it both ways. Either you were feeding your bees a lot of sugar or you weren’t.
There was nothing wrong with pargyle’s post and no need to be rude to him. Your posts been reported by the way.
Just chill and enjoy your bees

Last edited by a moderator:
~ post #12 ... You said:

"Yes, the jars in the background are spring honey.
Does it look like lime?
"

Better throw your dummy out in some other direction Mark ....

.... and I can't be bothered to look back in your posts but I can remember you telling us how much syrup you had to feed your colonies in Spring ....

And ... if, as you were saying, you extracted and jarred up straight away ,... do you not leave it to setlle ? Not very good practice if you want your honey to look polished and at its best.
To be fair, Mark said the jars in the background were the spring honey.
The "is it lime?" referred to the light summer honey he had put in front for comparison.
That's how I read it anyway.

To be fair, Mark said the jars in the background were the spring honey.
The "is it lime?" referred to the light summer honey he had put in front for comparison.
That's how I read it anyway.
If you read the full thread from the beginning you may come to realise that was not where he started out ....he never mentioned anything about a comparison ... and then, when I asked in order to clarify - was it spring honey ... he said it was ?

I'm stuffed if I know what he is talking about ...

I already had read the full post. But we all read and interpret posts differently.

I'm always careful with making sure I think I know what the person is saying when they've previously said they're dyslexic, which can put a different slant on things.

Latest posts

Back