Just for some fun.... an excuse to smile.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done!
My Pagan friends will be celebrating Yule on 5th of January as the Crown stole 11 days in September 1752.
The 3rd to the 13th were deleted.
Folk went to bed on the Wednesday of 2nd September to wake on the Thursday 14th September

Old 12th Night is now the time to Wassail our orchards 17th January ( Chinese pox permitting)

Chons da

( Official member of the Ancient Order of Green Men)
What about the lost/stolen days of 1800 and 1900 when there was no leap year.

I am sure The Julian calendar would have us on 4 January today.

Julian New Year's Eve is on the 13th of January - still observe it down in Cwmgwaun, but then again they're still in two minds over this elektrickery nonsense down there.

What about the lost/stolen days of 1800 and 1900 when there was no leap year.

There are nearer to 365.24 days in a year than 365.25 so there is not a leap year if the year divides by 100 to stop us getting ahead by a day a century. Listening to the time videos we used to play endlessly for the year 7s during 'maths day' finally came in useful!!!!

There are nearer to 365.24 days in a year than 365.25 so there is not a leap year if the year divides by 100 to stop us getting ahead by a day a century. Listening to the time videos we used to play endlessly for the year 7s during 'maths day' finally came in useful!!!!
Maths useful. 😂

There is a leap year if the whole number is divisible by 4. 1600, 2000, 2400 etc

Maths useful. 😂

There is a leap year if the whole number is divisible by 4. 1600, 2000, 2400 etc
There are more rules regarding Leap Years than just the 4 year rule.
1700, 1800 and 1900 were not because they divide by 100.
2000 was because it divides by 400.
2100, 2200 and 2300 will not be because they divide by 100.

Last edited:
You either ask the mods or go back to your post and replace the words with something else like ********
If it's been quoted, however, the quote will remain
Thanks dani... Oops seems quite faverable.
Any news on the owls? I'm sure they are roosting in a nice barn somewhere :)

( Official member of the Ancient Order of Green Men)

Do you / have you ever been to the Jack In The Green Festival in Hastings?

Green men (and women) everywhere! A great way to welcome in spring.

I know that face I think we have met apple.. Do you know a gentle man called Geoff paddock from Shropshire?? He has a long beard..
I prosume its you in the first picture?
Was he also called Swampy???? Bit of an environmental campaigner... if so yes, sat in a tree with him at the behest of "Look South" TV

I have met so many folk in beekeeping, in folk music, and green men everywhere... once surfaced from a dive off the Brothers islands in the Red sea off of the Saudi coast to meet Denzil Green... another scuba diver who I knew from some years previously through the Imperial College scuba club..... both of us had "lost" our buddies...now that was long odds!!!!!!!!
Just for some fun .... an excuse to smile!
Green men everywhere ... when you start to look
Always happy to entertain.......

Chons da

Was he also called Swampy???? Bit of an environmental campaigner... if so yes, sat in a tree with him at the behest of "Look South" TV

I have met so many folk in beekeeping, in folk music, and green men everywhere... once surfaced from a dive off the Brothers islands in the Red sea off of the Saudi coast to meet Denzil Green... another scuba diver who I knew from some years previously through the Imperial College scuba club..... both of us had "lost" our buddies...now that was long odds!!!!!!!!
Just for some fun .... an excuse to smile!
Green men everywhere ... when you start to look
Always happy to entertain.......

Chons da
Was he also called Swampy. I'm not sure I'll ask him

Latest posts

Back