Just a quick hello!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanford bees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Just a quick "hello" as a new bee,
My name is Ian and have been lurking in the background for a while,
I am into my 3rd year with my beloved bees! and it has really taken over my life to say the least!!!!

A friend of mine got me started, and now im on my 11th hive!
I came out of the winter with 3 good hives, I brought 2 nuces, and have managed to pick up 6 good swarms from the first week of May onwards, the last being one on Tuesday night! (all doing very well)
i was called out to a swarm yesterday, and when i got to it the bees had clustered in a ball on a small road, and sadly a van had run it over!! i have never seen anything like it, a very sad sight for a beekeeper.

I am rather lucky in the fact my dad is very very good at making hives! and he now has a full time job on his hands.

He has shown a strong interest in bees too which has been great.

Anyway just thought i would say Hi to everyone, and hope to chat some more soon

Ian (in deepest west berkshire)

Well he is due to retire end of september, and i have mentioned he should make a few and start selling them next year! but he seems a bit reluctant:(

Due to the price of timber, and the time it takes him ( about week and half for hive with 2 supers) he doesnt think they would sell! or would never make a great return

I beg to differ:)

Hi Ian
Sounds like a bit of Beekeeping Utopia to me, Happy Days.

Hello and welcome, I am also new here, well relatively, they are a great bunch and will answer your queries, it might not be the answer you expect :) !

I'm also new but i am overwhelmed by the advice given and would like to say a big thank you to everyone :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

Many thanks for all your warm welcomes!

even though i have collected a good number of hives, im still really getting to grips with the whole beekeeping thing, so there will be many questions to follow:laughing-smiley-014
It just seems never ending, the amount of things to do at this time of year!
And im always finding new things out every day.

Have found some really cracking threads on this forum, and seems nice and friendly too.:)

Many thanks

Ian

CRIKEY...
Well hello to all of you, hope you are as mad as the rest of us. :hurray:

Latest posts

Back