Jar Prices 2024.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have we a 2024 jar price thread - hobbycraft seems good for the small producer
I used Hobbycraft this year. Good percentage off for quantity and free delivery, pity they only come with gold lids but .....

I used Hobbycraft this year. Good percentage off for quantity and free delivery, pity they only come with gold lids but .....
I got some in an emergency earlier this year but I was not very happy with the quality.

I went to old castle farm this year, taking delivery cost into account it worked out at 61p per jar.

I found hobbycraft to be the most expensive at £9 per 12 making them 75p if you collect. I see no bulk discount but they currently have a £5 off for £15 spend - not sure if you could reuse that code, but if so then you could get the price down to 54p per jar but I haven't tested the theory and not sure if that delivery only etc

Regular price from Bottle Company South is lower than that although you also pay delivery. Known quality though.

https://www.bottlecompanysouth.co.u...size-72-colour-silver&o=3864-13292,1932-12858
Anna from South called me to suggest I change to round 340g jars, which I did, and they came yesterday. They are, as you would expect, lighter and smaller than hex, but I'm looking forward to the change, partly as my labels are 90mm wide and so won't have the hard edges of the hex sides dividing them up.

I went to old castle farm this year, taking delivery cost into account it worked out at 61p per jar.

I found hobbycraft to be the most expensive at £9 per 12 making them 75p if you collect. I see no bulk discount but they currently have a £5 off for £15 spend - not sure if you could reuse that code, but if so then you could get the price down to 54p per jar but I haven't tested the theory and not sure if that delivery only etc
When I bought them were doing three packs for the price of two and money off. You just have to keep checking their site for the price offers

Going direct to Rawlins was approx £200 cheaper than BFA sales for 20 x boxes round 340g jars ordered at the end of July. Works out at ~62 pence per jar, including lid.

Anna from South called me to suggest I change to round 340g jars, which I did, and they came yesterday. They are, as you would expect, lighter and smaller than hex, but I'm looking forward to the change, partly as my labels are 90mm wide and so won't have the hard edges of the hex sides dividing them up.
Round is what I use. For both 12 and 8 ounce. Labels look much better on them.

Freeman Harding are good on quality and price I find. My round 8oz jars and lids (with a choice of colours and patterns) are working out at 37p each this year… that was for a pallet load (2100) that I split with the other beeks in our BKA….

Latest posts

Back