January beekeeping sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With spring around the corner I think its time for a list of suppliers.

I suspect Heather that either they have de-supered on the heather, or they have built up the colonies for making up nucs.

Remember price is not the be all and end all, quality counts for a lot. In my book a lot more than price.

PH

Doe's anyone know what a (Occasional Jacket and Veil, Cotton, large) is?
Can't seem to find it on thornes normal list.

No, but I ordered one anyway. Cheap as [fish and] chips @ ?4.35. I thought it might be made of the white plastic stuff they wear on CSI.

If it's an occasional jacket, what is it the rest of the time?

Ha, ha ,ha. Good thinking! Maybe it is something more exciting like a super hero costume.

If it's an occasional jacket, what is it the rest of the time?

Is it a bit like a smoking jacket or a dinner jacket?

Polyanwood - WE WANT TO SEE A PICTUTRE OF YOU WEARING IT when it arrives:cheers2:

I have just ordered 100 DN4 frames and 100 sheets deep brood.

[QUOTE Jimbeekeeper]Polyanwood - WE WANT TO SEE A PICTUTRE OF YOU WEARING IT when it arrives[/QUOTE]

I will post a picture if it is not too embarassing.

I have ordered 4 hives swmbo gave the thumbs up (after i ordered them i might add) for my pending 40th birthday.:)

I phoned them back this afternnon to add a box of oxalic acid powder to my order. SHould last me a few years.

got myself some extra langstroth brood boxes and foundation and lots of odds and sods im sure i dont need....ummm is this bee fever:ack2::svengo:

I think it is half bee fever and half Thornes marketing.

You know you have bee fever when like me you have over 50 hive tools.

Last year I went to buy a few things from a bee supply shop and ended up buying the shop!

Well my 4 hives have been ordered so i went to my local association shop (in a fellas garage) and picked up my frame parts. Good lord am i going to have sore thumbs and fingers nailing that lot together.

Just ordered 20 supers, 250 shallow frames and foundation (plus enough 14x12 and national broad frames to rotate out 1/3 of frames in existing hives) 10 roofs, 20 crown boards, 4 pollen traps and a load of other bits and pieces.

Now all I have to do is sneak it past the Mrs into the garage... lol

This i a problem I have PDCambs,how to get stuff past the housekeeping police when large boxes arrive from Thornes.

I've got a large van, so it stays in there until she's out, then back up to the garage and offload. The trick is to get it delivered to work not home.

Mind you, the garage is so crowded I don't know where I'm going to put this pallet of stuff when it comes in; are all beekeepers hoarders like me?

with mine and my missus lack of experience im able to sell her the idea that we can get some pin money out of this and lots of honey...maybe after building a few hunnerd frames and getting stung a few times...as well as a sticky kitchen after harvest my time is going to be short to enjoy it.

You can get away with it the first year saying "think of all the money we will make selling honey",trouble is you forget to say that all the money made is needed to buy more hives and frames for next year as you plan to expand by 100% :cheers2:

I ordered some stuff in the Thorne's sale. . . . . I was a bit more restrained than some of you :) I got 3 brood bodies, 3 roofs and 3 OM floors, collected them today as I was passing Wragby from one job to another. My van smelt lovely all the way home (makes a change from smelling of sheep :ack2: and cows)

Frisbee

Jimbeekeeper said:
Polyanwood - WE WANT TO SEE A PICTUTRE OF YOU WEARING IT when it arrives

I will post a picture if it is not too embarassing.

Is this the picture?????

Latest posts

Back