IWF site

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim1606

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
From what i understand from the site, they are closing it down at the end of the year. :(

This has been one of my fav sites and i am quite disappointed.

Does anybody have a copy of the queen rearing video that i could borrow or buy? or any of the videos?

You can easily make your own copy using VLC player. Google it for a guide on how to record the output of the stream.

I am sure it is if you have an MSNlive account.

I have had a look at the queen rearing video and it is 500mb.
I will split it and put 10 minute sections on Youtube.

I will do.
I will upload to Youtube and link from the video gallery on the forum.

I am not sure what is going to happen regards copywrite of video's from the IWF site though ?

This program called Ant Downloader will automatically detect when you are playing a video from You Tube etc and ask if you want to download it..
There is a version for Internet Exp and one for Firefox.

http://www.ant.com/video-downloader

Thanks she's a lovely strong lad!

Last edited:
The Ant thing doesn't work for me on the IWF videos as they play directly in Windows media player. I also tried the Flash version but it couldn't detect that running either. Does anyone know of any other applications which might work or know how to get Ant to detect the video.

The Ant thing doesn't work for me on the IWF videos as they play directly in Windows media player. I also tried the Flash version but it couldn't detect that running either. Does anyone know of any other applications which might work or know how to get Ant to detect the video.

Could you contact the owners and ask them to provide us with the videos? They cold use something like yousendit.com to send a large file or if really big, I could give them access to my own account. That way, the forum could 'own' the video (its very good and that woman is amazing the way she handles the bees) and share it here and on youtube.

Try WM Recorder 14 .
It definately works :conehead:

John Wilkinson

I have just tried it and it works on mine running Firefox.

You might need to tick a few more boxes... or re-boot... The control for mine is at the bottom of the page and when I look at a video a screen pops up which I click if I want to download. Its a Plug in program and your settings may not allow them...

for some reason I still cannot view them. It might be that I am running Linux and these are specifically created for windows users although that should not matter :-/

Thanks for the suggestions. WM Recorder 14 costs money so that will be a last resort!

I've tried Firefox but it doesn't save the video. It says it has saved a file but it is only some sort of link, a ".asx" file.

Latest posts

Back