I've got bees!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luminos

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Less than 100. Er, 6, actually...
Guess what, everybody!?

I've got my bees!
:party: :party: :party:

2 colonies, one on single and one on double brood!

So excited I hardly slept last night. Unfortunately it's cold and miz today so I'm not seeing much of them...
:D

That's great, Luminos, I'm chuffed to bits for you, keep us all posted! (and you're ahead of me, now!)

Almost April. The start of my course. Starting to get impatient. I want to go play with the girls...

Our BKA Theory Day today...their next will be October with loads of practical in the middle. Sixteen eager faces...

A little word of caution. As much as you want to look at them every day, only do it from the outside! Only go into the hive if you have a reason and a purpose. So often newbies just look for the sake of looking. Each time you open the hive you disrupt what is going on and raise your chances of accidentally killing the queen. But ....... Enjoy each time you go in and I wish you all the luck and enjoyment. They will ever fail to amaze and exasperate you!
E

Congratulations Luminos .......and you've got them so early in the season.

I remember your anguish at the end of December!

A little word of caution. As much as you want to look at them every day, only do it from the outside! Only go into the hive if you have a reason and a purpose. So often newbies just look for the sake of looking. Each time you open the hive you disrupt what is going on and raise your chances of accidentally killing the queen. But ....... Enjoy each time you go in and I wish you all the luck and enjoyment. They will ever fail to amaze and exasperate you!
E

:iagree:

there is an old book called "at the hive entrance" by H Storch (I think it's pdf'd somewhere and free) which is old, but still instruction on whiling away the hours when you don't rip the roof off.

Last edited:
Come on Luminos, update your profile, you now have TWO colonies, Good luck have lots of fun and enjoy the wonderful world of beekeeping

E

Now you have bees, you can get some see-through crown boards.
And look without touching!

Now, about getting stung ... :)

Back