It's beginning to look a lot like .. April.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose if April is gloomy, damp and now bleeding cold enough for snow - yes!
Yes - very damp and dismal down here on the Costa del Fareham ... 10 degrees today though so very mild but scheduled to get a bit colder over the next few days .. bees were out flying . there's quite a few Mahonias scattered arounnd the estate and it looks like they have found them ... not much else about at present - there's gorse on the motorway banks but it's a bit further than they normally fly, My bees are lazy little beggars ... don't seem to go any further than they have to.

Yes - very damp and dismal down here on the Costa del Fareham ... 10 degrees today though so very mild but scheduled to get a bit colder over the next few days .. bees were out flying . there's quite a few Mahonias scattered arounnd the estate and it looks like they have found them ... not much else about at present - there's gorse on the motorway banks but it's a bit further than they normally fly, My bees are lazy little beggars ... don't seem to go any further than they have to.
Not lazy clever ;)
Haven't seen bees flying out on the common for a while now all looking OK though when I was trickling the other day, even my kieler mini which I'm wintering for the first time.

The mild weather continues and It's almost 14C here today. The hives are very busy. There are a few drones flying and some wasps trying their luck. I have never seen that the other side of Christmas before.

Latest posts

Back