• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Italian Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what about last year's hosepipe ban?

About as indicative of climate as the beast from the east and mini beast are of future late springs.

So what about last year's hosepipe ban?

About as indicative of climate as the beast from the east and mini beast are of future late springs.
So you're with Mr T, global warming is fake news?

I suppose, there are some parts of the UK where it'll always rain, that's why forward thinking Victorians built dams there.

:cheers2:

Last edited:
Has any of this got anything to do with Italian Queens?!

I tried to close this thread but it wouldn't let me! (Just because I'm a power crazy mod who hasn't banned anyone yet or done anything very dramatic) bee-smillie

Has any of this got anything to do with Italian Queens?!

I tried to close this thread but it wouldn't let me! (Just because I'm a power crazy mod who hasn't banned anyone yet or done anything very dramatic) bee-smillie

Looks like George has moved on to Carnica anyway :D

I keep reading that Italian queen colonies can consume more in winter stores. Climate science is complicated, but it is definitely drying here for whatever reason. It makes it really difficult and expensive to feed the bees and keep them alive. It is not just the fires of course.... the flowers are dry and shrivelled.

I'm definitely concerned about using Italian queens with the frequency of these dry years because of what I've read about their consumption of winter stores. The UK can have dry years too but perhaps you don't get el Nino.

One thing is sure, no bee has been imported in greater numbers to the UK than Amm.

This is not true, can't be arsed toting up the numbers from known records but seeing as more queens have been imported in the last twenty years than the previous 200 I'm sure your statement is bs.

Latest posts

Back