Is it just me?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor meldrew

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have noticed various trigger words in posts (including my own are turned into links!)
I wonder if this is generated from within my own computer as this doesn't happen on my ipad !
VM

Perhaps you could include an example and mention what operating system and web browser you are using ?

Perhaps try an alternative browser to see if that changes things.

It sounds mighty interesting and I'd love to know the outcome.

Perhaps you could include an example and mention what operating system and web browser you are using ?

Perhaps try an alternative browser to see if that changes things.

It sounds mighty interesting and I'd love to know the outcome.

I used the term 'house keepers' in a post , then clicked on preview post . The phrase was underlined (blue) . When I hovered over it ,it opened a link to a commercial site.
I operate windows 7 and use google chrome .
On the post I edited it to read 'house$$ keepers' so as not to inflict this on the forum .
VM

I believe it's a virus specifically linked to users whose age is over 70....:)

I have noticed various trigger words in posts (including my own are turned into links!)
I wonder if this is generated from within my own computer as this doesn't happen on my ipad !
VM
It's the browser. Some form of add-in that you inadvertently clicked on maybe. Or it could something that you installed that added a 'toolbar', either missed the opt out or it didn't offer one.

One of the reasons to install more than one browser. If only to research how to disinfect the other one. I find Opera a good backup, as a relatively low share of overall traffic it's rarely the first target of spam merchants.

I used the term 'house keepers' in a post , then clicked on preview post . The phrase was underlined (blue) . When I hovered over it, it opened a link to a commercial site.
I operate windows 7 and use google chrome .
On the post I edited it to read 'house$$ keepers' so as not to inflict this on the forum .
VM

Well... I'm including the words house keepers in this post whilst using Google chrome, seemingly with no extraneous activities and IMHO you are either enjoying a browser helper object or some more interesting malware.

If it was me, I would scan the computer with Spybot Search and Destroy or even AdAware to see if that fixes it.

Well... I'm including the words house keepers in this post whilst using Google chrome, seemingly with no extraneous activities and IMHO you are either enjoying a browser helper object or some more interesting malware.

If it was me, I would scan the computer with Spybot Search and Destroy or even AdAware to see if that fixes it.

Spybot scanning as I type :D
VM

Originally Posted by madasafish
I believe it's a virus specifically linked to users whose age is over 70....:)

:nono:"Discrimination":ohthedrama:

Last edited:
It's the browser. Some form of add-in that you inadvertently clicked on maybe. Or it could something that you installed that added a 'toolbar', either missed the opt out or it didn't offer one.

One of the reasons to install more than one browser. If only to research how to disinfect the other one. I find Opera a good backup, as a relatively low share of overall traffic it's rarely the first target of spam merchants.
OK Alan, I've found the culprit . An extension ( PC Speed UP) in google chrome . Since removing it the under scored words no longer appear :D
VM

Latest posts

Back