Is it 'false' economy?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toffeesmum

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi All,

I am sure I am not alone on this, at this time of year, but orders to equipment suppliers appears to be a regular thing at the moment!!

We use 14 x 12 and are planning to purchase another full hive set up and found that M****m*r* sell a complete set up incl 2 x supers, frames/foundation for £155. Called Rock Bottom National 14 x 12.

Anyone got any experience/thoughts of this?

We have used the company and even called in and found them superb. Incredibly friendly and helpful.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you share

:thanks:

It's just their second quality timber kit - nothing wrong with it IMHO (all that I use actually), but if you fancy another spin they have a one day 'on site' sale on the 28th of June. They are a good bunch actually - even though old Eric always seems brimming with doom and gloom!

I've had such a bad experience with 2nds I just don't buy them anymore. Given how long a ceder box should last I've taken to buying the best quality ones I can get my hands on.

That said I'm still looking for a reliable supplier as most of the major ones still have that random element in terms of quality. I know they have excellent customer service and replace stuff, but I just want to not have to worry about it.

Ive got 40 Maisemore hives, all of them seconds, never had a problem.

The 14x12 rock bottom hives are good value, if you buy individual components in the sale days it works out to be the same price so no point in waiting till the 28th June.

I bought 3 14x12 hives from them last Thursday

I've had such a bad experience with 2nds .

You must be extremely unlucky then - Bought loads (don't tell SWMBO though) off Maisies and big T's (boxes and frames) haven't had one bad box yet and minimal rejects from the frames

You must be extremely unlucky then - Bought loads (don't tell SWMBO though) off Maisies and big T's (boxes and frames) haven't had one bad box yet and minimal rejects from the frames

:iagree:

Especially the bit about not telling SWMBO!

Latest posts

Back