Ironing beesuit !?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doe you ever iron your bee suit?

• Of course I iron my bee suit, your lazy oik. You are a disgrace to beekeeing!

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • You must be joking! I do not iron my bee suit.

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Of course I never iron my bee suit! I get the butler to do it.

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

pbh4

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I just washed my beesuit in preparation for spring (Swienty suit from Modern Beekeeping - excellent suit btw) and noticed that the washing instructions have a little picture of an iron with 2 dots. Does anyone actually iron their bee suit?

Paul

Last edited:
Of course I iron my beesuit and my socks, pants,shoe laces.........:willy_nilly:
Cazza

Delighted to see that at least three of us are doing our bit to maintain employment in the butling profession!

Not forgetting the leg creases.............
One must keep up appearances. You never know when the oxalic inquisition might be expected.

What's an iron

Wouldn't go asking that up the East End.... when I was a lad anyway!

:party:

Iron Hoof...... P**f

I still shout to the misses.. your wanted on the dog....:smilielol5:
She replies "alrite me luvver"... then she is Plymothian...
I feel sorry for me dustbin lids!:gnorsi:

Like to ensure it is thick enough to avoid penetration!

Also my wife is rather busy with the new vacuum cleaner I bought her for Christmas, (all those tree needles) and it's her iron! :cheers2:

Not forgetting the leg creases.............
One must keep up appearances. You never know when the oxalic inquisition might be expected.
Not forgetting the lengths of motor-cycle chain in the over lap twixt suit leg bottoms and welly tops in order to maintain pristine creases;). (Were we so mad in the forces?) :gnorsi:
VM

Last edited:
Of course I wouldn't get the Butler to do it! Its the maids job!

Ones bee suit is always pristine, ironed and starched before engaging with the bees. Doesn't everyone have a G&T delivered on a silver salver after inspecting each hive?

[wakes up]

No, my bee suit is the grubby thing covered in bee poo. It gets washed when it smells.

On a serious note, :toetap05:

I wash my smocks/suites often for hygiene rather than appearance, but try to avoid washing the veils as often.

If anyone does iron their PPE, have they noticed any reaction (from the girls) to the ironed suit, good or bad? bee-smillie

I understand that the Guards smart red tunics were red so that the blood didn't show. However, it didn't stop them getting shot in the first place!

On a serious note, :toetap05:
I understand that the Guards smart red tunics were red so that the blood didn't show. However, it didn't stop them getting shot in the first place!

The Guards smart uniform gets its origins from Cromwells new model army. They were issued with new uniforms dyed with the cheapest dye available which happened to be red.

<aside>Was at Stanstead Airport a year or three ago on route to Germany with a colleague. A chap came up to us and said "are you in the Army?" - the answer was yes - turned out he'd noticed the ironed creases in our civvy T Shirts!</aside>

R2

One of my sons was staying with his Grandma for the weekend once, and she caught up with the ironing while he was playing. He came up to her and said "I think my Mum's got one of those somewhere" - that's how much stuff I iron!

If anyone is bored Ive got loads of ironing they could practice on!

PS I make my frames on my ironing board just the right height --thank goodness no otherhalf to moan at me

does anyone still starch their white bee suit, it used to be a method of giving you extra protection,,,harder for the bees to sting through

I assume it does not work with polycotton just cotton suits

Back