Irish TopBar Beekeepers wanted.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh Bear

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I would like to make contact with other Top Bar Beekeepers here in Ireland. I am in the Mourne Mountains and am trying to get a few beekeepers to share ideas... our local association Rostrevor & Warrenpoint Beekeepers' Association are quite open and inclusive to new ideas. It is useful to work together for things like - borrowing a test comb to find out if a colony is queenless.
'hoping to hear from you.
Christina

Hi Christina, I think we have a couple in the North Tipperary association - I'll ask for you but our next meeting isn't for a while & from Co. Down it's a long way to Tipperary (pardon the pun).

Are you going to the Gormanston week next month? You're bound to be able to find other TB beeks there, maybe you could arrange a "meet & greet" session. There are details on FIBKA's website irishbeekeeping dot ie if you don't know about it already.

Thank you Scuttlefish,
I've heard really good things about the Tipperary Beekeepers and the Irish Black Bee - I see Micheál MacGiolla Coda is giving a lecture on the Black Bee at Gormanstown. I can't see anything in the programme about TB beekeeping... Our association is planning on having a day trip to Gormanstown. I'll go and network with people & hopefully get in touch with some. C

Another thought, the FIBKA site also has contact details for all the local association secretaries (on the Your Local Association page) - you could contact some of your nearby associations directly, I'm sure there are a lot of members who aren't on this forum.

Cheers,
Adam

I was thinking of trying to get to Gormanstown at least one day this year, but couldn't commit to whole week. What day is your association planning for Christine? Any recommendations ?

I would like to make contact with other Top Bar Beekeepers here in Ireland. I am in the Mourne Mountains and am trying to get a few beekeepers to share ideas... our local association Rostrevor & Warrenpoint Beekeepers' Association are quite open and inclusive to new ideas. It is useful to work together for things like - borrowing a test comb to find out if a colony is queenless.
'hoping to hear from you.
Christina

Hello Poob Bear,

My first post here, been lurking all through the site and think it fantastic, what a place to gain knowledge. I have National hives myself here in W Donegal but I have heard of a Top Bar group in Donegal, www dot bees dot ie/node/120 to another site where you could register and contact them yourself. Hope this helps.

Best of luck

JC

Great JC. I registered with the site and will try to contact the Donegal group.

Latest posts

Back