IPM is not just for varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a rat in my loft this Winter and had to put up with the noise of it scuttling around dragging a metal trap behind it for three nights. Someone on here suggested the traps should be nailed down - they were right.
Best thing for rats is an air rifle.

That’s terrible. I believe UB40 had a rat in their kitchen!!! :serenade:

Had a rat in my loft this Winter and had to put up with the noise of it scuttling around dragging a metal trap behind it for three nights. Someone on here suggested the traps should be nailed down - they were right.
Best thing for rats is an air rifle.

Last edited:
Rats seem to be a big problem these days ( I have chickens) .The poison is not as good so traps are the answer,I also get problems with grey squirrels. My new airgun which is just below the legal limit seems to work well against everything even the bunnies.

Rats seem to be a big problem these days ( I have chickens) .The poison is not as good so traps are the answer,I also get problems with grey squirrels. My new airgun which is just below the legal limit seems to work well against everything even the bunnies.

squirrel traps work pretty well ...but the rat traps don't seem to work well for me

anyone got any recommendations for those ULTRASONIC PEST REPELLER ?

seem to have mixed reviews on how effective they are

Back