Interesting read about bee intelligence

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...sect-iq-tests-causing-a-buzz-among-scientists
According to the article bees are able to recognise our faces and do some interesting things. Thought I share as others might be interested.
Interesting but the evidence presented does not support the conclusions drawn. Anthropomorphism going on big time. Learning to do things more efficiently or learning positive/negative stimuli can be explained mathematically.

To be clear, I'm not saying I don't think they're sentient, just that the evidence presented could be otherwise explained.

Interesting but the evidence presented does not support the conclusions drawn. Anthropomorphism going on big time. Learning to do things more efficiently or learning positive/negative stimuli can be explained mathematically.

We all know life isn't a physics, chemistry or mathematics equation that's provable; however the answer to everything is almost certainly 42.

We all know life isn't a physics, chemistry or mathematics equation that's provable; however the answer to everything is almost certainly 42.
Definitely!
And the big pink friendly letters saying ‘Don’t Panic’ are always worth remembering when the bees hate you!

That still doesn't validate their conclusions. My point stands.

Surely you mean the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I presume the answer to everything would be different?

That still doesn't validate their conclusions. My point stands.

Surely you mean the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I presume the answer to everything would be different?
No it doesn't does it. Yes it still stands.
I reckon its still 42, but "Deep Thought" might say different in 7.5 million years.

No it doesn't does it. Yes it still stands.
I reckon its still 42, but "Deep Thought" might say different in 7.5 million years.
I'm saying this despite personally thinking they probably are sentient. I'm just pedantic about the logic used (which I think you had gathered...!).

7.5 million years is probably a bit late for it to be relevant to me! ;)

Latest posts

Back