Insulated hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been thinking about your hive Dulwickgnome, and would it still be as good if the poly was on the outside and the wood on the inside Sort of the otherway round .. Would this work ?

I have been thinking about your hive Dulwickgnome, and would it still be as good if the poly was on the outside and the wood on the inside Sort of the otherway round .. Would this work ?

As It stands, where you would dig in the hive tool to separate the boxes is wood. The handles are attached to the wood and are that design to help with the lifting ( design to follow).

I think it's good to think about this and other designs and how they work. There are not many hobbies that let you develop so many skills.

Mike.

I have seen where they totaly enclose the poly, but i was wondering if it could be left open on the outside as the bees wouldn't be bothered about it there. The handles could have a cut out that you put the poly back after moving.
just a thought.

Latest posts

Back