Instumentel insemination

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theengraver

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
400 + 200 Nucs + 200 Mating Hives
Hi
Im looking to get into insemination next year and looking to buy equiptment
If any one has any forsale let me know or any advice in to the best kit to buy
all and any help welcome
Mike

Have you done a course on AI?

If so could you post some details, please? Swienty seem to do the kit but I couldn't comment on price, etc, as I don't know enough about it.

Cheers

When I spoke with Hivemaker on the phone a few years ago he said at the time he was looking into getting all the kit so he may be able to help you with some advice.

Do they make turkey basters that small? :p

Sorry, couldn't help myself :leaving:

There are AI courses that used to be held in Germany, now whether they still are is another matter but that was the only place that I have ever heard of having them.

PH

Michael Collier runs them PH ....no need to go to Germany. Sue Cobey also runs them when in this part of the world.

Michael Collier also sells a very well made IIkit and at a very good price, I don't use it but have seen it

You could contact the national bee unit: they sent their apiary manager to a course fairly recently (i.e. the last couple of years). I think it was in Europe somewhere, for some reason I am thinking Poland, but don't quote me on that (in English or Polish!)

Hi
If any one has any forsale let me know or any advice in to the best kit to buy
all and any help welcome
Mike

I used the Latshaw micro this year which is quite cheap and the results were good.

Hi

Oh, ARTIFICIAL insemination. I was going to suggest you got out a bit more and met some nice young ladies...

Hello Hivemaker

Who is Mike Collier, where is he based and how would you get in touch with him because I would very much like to do a course on queen artificial insemination.

Many thanks
Tim

II

Hi
i have just arrived back from Germany and after a meeting with
Dr. Peter Schley i purchaced the complete kit from him Sue Corby also has a very good DVD on II you can order it cost me around £30 to get it direct
so hopefully al systems go for this year

Michael Collier.
SHROPSHIRE
Cornbrook Bee Farm
Nash
Ludlow tel 01584 890236

He runs two day courses, and also sells instrumental insemination equipment.
Maybe running a couple of courses myself, but won't be until the middle of summer.

Last edited:
instrumental insemination

Hi,did anyone manage to track down any courses can anybody give a rough idea of price of equiptment instrumental insemination?

Michael Collier.
SHROPSHIRE
Cornbrook Bee Farm
Nash
Ludlow tel 01584 890236

He runs two day courses, and also sells instrumental insemination equipment.
Maybe running a couple of courses myself, but won't be until the middle of summer.

Thats something i might be interested in, if you are going to go ahead with that what sort of prices do you have in mind ?And how long would the course take ?
Regards
Wightbees

Thats something i might be interested in, if you are going to go ahead with that what sort of prices do you have in mind ?And how long would the course take ?
Regards
Wightbees
Will let you know in spring.

Back