Inspector

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Has anybody heard about or had any problems with bees from FP?

are the bees recycled too?

Probably... I got a call from the local inspector who wants to take a look at some I got from them last season.... he wouldnt elaborate though....

The inspector who inpsected me on monday said FP had a problem, So they knew about it at least 4 days ago...

Probably... I got a call from the local inspector who wants to take a look at some I got from them last season.... he wouldnt elaborate though....

A lot of water has passed under the bridge from last season, its hard to imaging what he can learn from looking at them now.

my inspector on Wednesday also commented at least a couple of suppliers of queens (and bees?) have been diagnosed with having EFB.

again.. would not ellaborate

Had queen from them back in june doing really well

Perhaps not quite what you are looking for but there was this thread...

http://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11485&highlight=complain&page=13

It would appear that possibly this outfit simply buy in nucs and then sell them on? Don't know, but from the details of that thread, I would think that may be likely.

If that is the case, any problem should be able to be traced back to the original supplier (subject to proper record keeping). There may be connections to other sources of bees which have failed the inspection system recently. The Bee Inspectorate would be following through any line of supply if they have reason to believe suspect bees may have been distributed by a supplier (where disease is subsequently found).

RAB

A lot of water has passed under the bridge from last season, its hard to imaging what he can learn from looking at them now.

This is what I cant understand is that the same inspector had a look at them last season and found nothing wrong with them.....

wayrus,

Had queen from them back in june doing really well.

That is not an absolute guarantee. If there were to be a problem later, then better to sort it now.

In all probability, your queen is likely OK and unconnected with any other supply problems there may be.

However, a cursory enquiry to the LBI would not go amiss, and give you confidence for the future.

BTW, your location would be good in your profile If your bees were close to mine, I might be worrying (probably unecessarily) too.

RAB

One of FP's apiaries is about 2.5 miles from my own. I haven't been contacted the bee inspector (yet) but I guess I would have been if there had been any disease problems at that apiary.
They do , however, have several other apiaries I believe. Perhaps some of the forum members from the Oswestry area might have heard something.

BTW, your location would be good in your profile If your bees were close to mine, I might be worrying (probably unecessarily) too.

RAB

You ave nowt to worry about, the bees would have to travel 70 - 80 miles to get to you

Well the inspector came by and gave the colonies the once over and fed the chickens some cut off drone comb and gave them the all clear:party:
but still wouldn't elaborate as to what he was looking for I am sure it will all come to light eventually

but still wouldn't elaborate as to what he was looking for I am sure it will all come to light eventually

They are looking for notifiable diseases and pests,ie AFB/EFB ..SHB ect.

Latest posts

Back