inspection board fluid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullframe45

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 --5.
I have just finished my third treatment using the gas vap. After the second treatment when i checked the inspection board(corex) i noticed it to be wet and a bit slippery and also with a yellow taint,This was only on two boards the other hive boards were ok. I washed the boards bothe times with soda crystals and put back in place.
Today i finished my third vape and the same two boards were in the same state as last time .One pretty wet and the other wet with light yellow streaking on it.Bothe on OMF if i tip the boards on end the liquid run off.Sorry didnt have time to do a picture. Could it be to using too strong a vape mixture(oxalic crystals) could it be due to washing the boards with soda and putting straigh back under or dysentry or worse. Thank you.

I expect it is condensation dripping down the walls, the inserts causing short term air flow issues and condensation on the CB. The streaking will likely be either diluted propolis or pollen.

Or it simply could be someone peeing in your hive :eek:.

Thank you ,all hives are polly single BB and not sure about condensation as the others are all fine ,All have insulation in the home made wooden roof and covered with roofing rubber .So i dont think water is getting in . Also wooden crown boards .There is no feed on any ,i will however check that they are not angled too far for water to run in. Ill try and post a picture next time i visit .I have looked at pictures of hives with dysentry and the colour is quite dark not like i am seeing. When i extracted last week the honey i got was very pale almost straw colour and quite runny ,could this point to anything. thank you.

if it has rained in your locale then that may be the answer.

Latest posts

Back