Innovate to Pollinate

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holmbee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
There is an interesting article in the Financial Times today titled "Innovate to pollinate- high tech ways to welcome insects into your garden". It discusses a number of issues but also provides an introduction to a new software programme called "Pollinator pathway" where you can enter details of your garden or available space and it will compute a suitable pollinator friendly planting plan. It was used in the Eden Project but has been adapted for DIY gardens. You do not need to buy the FT to access but can find the article using a search engine. Not a recommendation as only just read it but interesting to see how technology is developing.

If only we had some rain to make the nectar flow. We are so very very dry here at the moment. Will have a look at the site though when the football is on tonight :nono::icon_204-2:
Thanks for sharing

Here’s the nice article in Saturdays FT (apols spilt the oil from my fish on toast over it! Hope you can read ok). Think might need to sign up for membership to read the article online. Best paper for uniting colonies and paper easy to light too 🤣

Attachments

• A7DB8616-EACC-4446-A451-D94E6E0F5B9E.jpeg
    A7DB8616-EACC-4446-A451-D94E6E0F5B9E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • F694DA1B-36FE-422F-BBC5-04A0FC2C84BB.jpeg
    F694DA1B-36FE-422F-BBC5-04A0FC2C84BB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for this. I’ve had a quick look and could be fun on a rainy day. Anyway, thought I’d post the link in case it helps - I hope it’s as useful as it sounds - Pollinator Pathmaker

Latest posts

Back