Inflation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edwardking

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
The ONS have added honey to the basket of goods used to measure inflation in the UK. This is a signal that consumers buying habits have changed - a good sign for us!

The ONS have added honey to the basket of goods used to measure inflation in the UK. This is a signal that consumers buying habits have changed - a good sign for us!

It replaced caviar...

I used to get the odd freebee of caviar from a friend who flies Air India.
I remember once having so much husband and I couldn't think how to eat it before it went off so we dolloped huge amounts onto jacket spuds .......oh those were the days.

Chinese honey or British honey?

People do eat some seriously weird food :puke: Did you know they kill an adult fish just to get her eggs.

Caviar is a nauseating thought. Pretentious twaddle eaten by braindead , who care nothing for the legacy they damage.

You're right, of course. I was young and thoughtless, like many youngsters are.
We had house sitters, a lovely middle aged couple. They were admiring our hives when the chap sheepishly admitted throwing stones at the farm beehives when he was a lad.

Confession time???
I went out nightly to knock over walls when they were building a school on my beloved valley and sledging area behind my house. They eventually built it, damn them!

Caviar is a nauseating thought. Pretentious twaddle eaten by braindead , who care nothing for the legacy they damage.

Nice though, when you can afford it.
I had a colleague who used to live in Latvia and 'commute' to the boat here every fortnight (all unofficial of course as they weren't in the EC at that time) his brother in law worked in a caviar factory. We used to get it from him at a tenner for a kilo tin!.
Nothing nicer than some foie gras on toast with a generous blob of caviar on top :drool5: Too good for the poor though, so let them keep thinking it's pretentious twaddle or they'll all want a share

Last edited:
Nice though, when you can afford it. I had a colleague who used to live in Latvia and 'commute' to the boat here every fortnight (all unofficial of courese as they weren't in the EC at that time) his brother in law worked in a caviar factory. We used to get it from him at a tenner for a kilo tin!.
Nothing nicer than some foie gras on toast with a generous blob of caviar on top :drool5: Too good for the poor though, so let them keep thinking it's pretentious twaddle or they'll all want a share

"Let them eat cake!", or alternatively, primitive fish eggs and waterfowl offal.

People do eat some seriously weird food :puke: Did you know they kill an adult fish just to get her eggs.

I also believe that people happily buy 'two for a fiver' chickens at tesco, cheap eggs and 'value mince' and believe it's all ethically sourced/produced. Fancy that! :D

Cod roe is nice fried. As is my brain :calmdown:

Latest posts

Back