Inexperienced Beeks starting out

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusm427

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
4 + 2 nuc
Hi i just thought this would sport a little debate, opinions welcome.

I would class myself as relativly inexperienced but my father i would class as experienced we are both members of our local club altho my wife an i have just had our second child which hasnt left much time for my little friends.

My step brother has become very intrested in bees which my dad and i are really happy with its great we all have an intrest together. (looking forward to debate at the dinner table)

However dad suggested as he live 30 mins drive from us he kept a nuc at his place. So he got on the net and decided to create a fab hive himself (A top bar Hive) I had never seen one befour it really looks great and the bees love it it is very low maintainence and a more natural way of keeping bees apparently but as i know only what ive read on the net!

The only worry i have is about the location as it is a little residential but i know plenty of you keep bees in residential situations and quiet happily.

Im just pleased he is getting intrested in our fab hobbie and dad and i are on hand with advise and help.

m

Err, opinions on what? TBHs, residential bees, step brothers and dad all keeping bees?

Most have been aired many times over, excepting the problems of 3 closely related beeks having at least 4 different opinions as to how a process should be best accomplished.

Even so, welcome to the forum.

Regards, RAB

BTW if you want sport, I have heard that the football world cup is still going:hat:

Latest posts

Back