Incubator

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugfan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
I am considering buying a small incubator. Which ones do you guys use, would you recommend them and where did you get them?

Thanks

I use a cheap garden incubator from B&Q. The temp gets up to approx 30. A small pot of water keeps up the humidity.

I put capped cells in hair roller cages. When they emerge I pops them in a nursery cage with a little honey and pollen still in the incubator. They stay there for a few days 'til I can use them. I've had good success this way.

They are near the TV so have listened to/looked at a varied diet of rubbish!
Hmmmmmmm.......I wonder if they will be excited by the world cup???!!!!!

I bought one of these very cheap on fleebay.

38_0020_hgatcher.JPG

Not had a chance to use it with cells yet but on a trial run it failed to run out in my garage. Turned out the ambient temperature was too low in the garage to start with. Once it was warmed up and put back in the garage it held the temperature nicely at 35'c even though it was only 3-4'c at the time. Will hold 20+ queen cages.

Spoke with the owner of http://www.banburycrossincubators.com who wasn't the seller but he rang me and was more than happy to give me tech support and all the advise I needed on how to run it.
:hurray:

Back