Increased Varroa Mite

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said .... Read up a bit ... get it wrong and you will do more harm than good...if you have to ask the question above... you need to read...

Sugar and water?
I assume there’ll be destructions with the acid.
Thank you
No, as you are now only allowed to use apibioxial (a sachet of sugar and water with added fairy dust to justify the exorbitant cost) however, you can buy generic sugar (and, I believe Oxalic acid) if you know where to look and the correct recipe is kicking around too.

No, as you are now only allowed to use apibioxial (a sachet of sugar and water with added fairy dust to justify the exorbitant cost) however, you can buy generic sugar (and, I believe Oxalic acid) if you know where to look and the correct recipe is kicking around too.
Thanks again,
Reading up tonight!

You should have a kitchen balance, which measures at accurate 1 g.

- 100 g sugar
- 100 g water
- 7.5 g oxalic acid.

Mix sugar and water in the microwave oven.

Add acid and mix that syrup will become clear.

You should have a kitchen balance, which measures at accurate 1 g.

- 100 g sugar
- 100 g water
- 7.5 g oxalic acid.

Mix sugar and water in the microwave oven.

Add acid and mix that syrup will become clear.
Perfect, just read loads and opting for the dribbling method. I need to check they’re brood-less though. Also outside temp.
Thank you for your time and useful links sir.

Per
0- +7C is a good temperature. If it is warmer, bees easily attack on. Otherwise oxalic trickling is temperature neutral in your climate.
So, with a 0- +7C as a optimum temp. I need to wait until the current temp (8-11C+) drops for maximum effectiveness.

Per

So, with a 0- +7C as a optimum temp. I need to wait until the current temp (8-11C+) drops for maximum effectiveness.

8 - 11C is good. Actually maximum effectivenes is +18C.
Reason is that when cluster is open, syrup spreads easily in the hive. Of course you do not have such temps in December.

But when you give the medicine, the bee cluster expands out and you are in a hurry to close the cover.

8 - 11C is good. Actually maximum effectivenes is +18C.
Reason is that when cluster is open, syrup spreads easily in the hive. Of course you do not have such temps in December.

But when you give the medicine, the bee cluster expands out and you are in a hurry to close the cover.
That makes good sense. Thank you sir

Surely if you have recently treated, you’re going to see a much higher drop rate for a while. Doesn’t mean that you have more veroa, just that you’ve managed to kill more of them!
Treated end of August..3months later the drop shouldn't be this high if Apiguard is doing its job
drop i

When I have looked closely rain water, it is quite dirty. PH is 8, because there much ash on the roof. Dust from road and bird poo included. On the bottom of the water barrel I can see all dirty, what has been on the roof

If I remember correctly, Finman's recipe produces about 170 ml of solution. You only need 5 ml per seam of bees. Adjust quantities accordingly. Most of my hives had up to about 6 seams, when I treated ( by vape) . Now is a good time, before the solstice, mild, after a cold spell

When I have looked closely rain water, it is quite dirty. PH is 8, because there much ash on the roof. Dust from road and bird poo included. On the bottom of the water barrel I can see all dirty, what has been on the roof
what di it taste like?

• Haha
Reactions: mbc

Latest posts

Back