In the news

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I volunteer to work in Sophia Antipolis.

It's near Cannes.

9eef0658559b.png

3 (in green) definitely

2 (in red) unsure

VARR.JPG

Prior to treatment one presumes!

Did I mention in another thread I photograph my bees so I can peruse them at my leisure?

Have circled those I consider clear in green and those that are much more shadowy in yellow. What do people think?

bee pics

i've also taken when possible to take quick snaps of all my brood frames - amazing that using a 10mp compact camera from a few feet away can result in very clear images of the bees and cell contents.

I have examined the bees in my observation hive with a large magnifying glass and a jewellers loupe and so far have never seen any bugs, but when I mentioned it on here I was told that they are so small and hide between the body sections and you cant see them, so on that basis there should be a few dozen more camera shy bugs....

You shouldn't need a magnifying glass to see varroa on bees, as the original picture in the link shows. However, once you do start seeing them on bees it is time to worry as it indicates a high level of varroa.

Not sure, when ever I come across a free swarm or broodless bees I always treat with oxalic. Didn't waste time checking for what is almost certainly there before I gave them their dose - even if this lots dose was administerd on photoshop.

;)

Last edited:
Not sure, when ever I come across a free swarm or broodless bees I always treat with oxalic. Didn't waste time checking for what is almost certainly there before I gave them their dose - even if this lots dose was administerd on photoshop.

;)

Look good to me Rosti

bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back