Not open for further replies.

hemo 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6-10
Opt for a 11 frame format and thicker insulation, bs deep for national over 14 x 12. Incorporate hard abs edges top and bottom in to the mould so hive tool damage doesn't occur.
I think the market will be limited, if a hive is on show then fancy might be nice for the beekeeper or public to see otherwise the bees won't give two hoots or a queen to toots as to what it looks like.

pargyle 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
No I don’t either and I’m rubbish!
I don't and so am I !

But ....You would if you had a gaping hole in the crown board and have not enough nouse to understand that it shouldn't be there anyway and if it was close if off with something ...

Apricot Slice 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Do you know why polystyreen beehives dont exist? They are too difficult obviously. Its because they would cost too much. They would be too expensive. The tooling would be too complicated. No one would buy them. Just the mear mention of such an idea would unequivocally prove one to be a fool.

Last edited:

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Do you know why polystyreen beehives dont exist? They are too difficult obviously. Its because they would cost too much. They would be too expensive. The tooling would be too complicated. No one would buy them. Just the mear mention of such an idea would unequivocally prove one to be a fool.
Is this thread going anywhere except under a bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.