Importation of bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 'THIS HIVE IS ALARMED' on the roof of each of my hives,
I heard of someone (with access to military kit) who rigged up each of his hives to thunderflashes.
It wasn't the hives that were alarmed
although the 'nosema splashes' around the hives were pretty impressive

I believe the message has been circulated that the apiaries are covered by cameras.
The culprits denied everything until we sent them an email with their photographs.
They came here within 10 minutes begging us not to report it to the police and paid cash for the damage they had done.
I hope you then reported them to the authorities and they got a long prison sentence for their despicable crime!
Bring back the cat!

I believe the message has been circulated that the apiaries are covered by cameras.
The culprits denied everything until we sent them an email with their photographs.
They came here within 10 minutes begging us not to report it to the police and paid cash for the damage they had done.
Good result (y)

Despite being adjacent to the playing field, our village hall suffered a spate of idiots kicking footballs against a wall and breaking windows due to lousy ball control. We put up cameras, caught three on separate occasions and showed the parents who paid up for repairs. Word rapidly got round and the problem ceased.

More interesting was training our mastead II/TI surveillance camera on the outer promenade/seawall of Brighton Marina late Saturday night - or the rear alleyway of the nightclub that stood on the dock at Hull marina

More interesting was training our mastead II/TI surveillance camera on the outer promenade/seawall of Brighton Marina late Saturday night - or the rear alleyway of the nightclub that stood on the dock at Hull marina
I spent years working on multi storey car parks and some of the antics caught by the security cameras in the stair towers at night would make your toes curl 🤣

I think that many of you would be surprised at what goes on in apiaries covered by cameras.
I spent years working on multi storey car parks and some of the antics caught by the security cameras in the stair towers at night would make your toes curl 🤣
You guys should stick to your allowed dogging car parks for that sort of thing, unsolicited voyeurism isn't nice🤣

apparently the revenue constables had quite an interesting collection of tapes from the cover security cameras covering the Custom House In Lower Thames st, Petty Wales (next door to the Tower) in London. Many of them involving officers who had spent a little too long at the waxers bar in the Custom House 'staff relaxation area'

None from me, but having had only one colony stolen was enough to lead me to sympathise with anyone who's had anything nicked.

There were 30 or so nucs taken from a field in deepest rural Essex two years ago; they worked out that the thieves recognised the distant boxes while driving down the M11. Another 25 - different beefarmer - went the same year in the same area.
I have to say that you get your eye in as a bee keeper and I often notice hives tucked away that a few years ago would never have registered.
I moved two nucs on Saturday night which were on a nature reserve but I then saw a pretty well worn path up to them from the main path.
Someone has been regularly wandering up to them and as they both have expensive german queens they have been moved to a more discreet location.
Still have several hives there and one more nuc but with one of my own queens.

I assume this has also stopped the importing of bumblebees for greenhouses?

I assume this has also stopped the importing of bumblebees for greenhouses?
Our local growers have said that they can not be assured of being able to employ soft fruit pickers... so many are just not even considering planting up!
For one things have got so bad dad has got a job in the gardening section of B&Q and mum is working in Iceland ( the freezer store)
(I have always called them mum and dad as their daughter helps me with the bees on their holding!)

Got more info on that Nigel?
One grower said he was having problems with importing the bio control white fly parasitic beastie.
You can apply for a license if native bumbles aren't available.
Only those sites contributing to the research project being overseen by the Technical Officer at the Tomato Growers Association may register to use this licence.
Not open to much abuse really lol.

You can apply for a license if native bumbles aren't available.
Only those sites contributing to the research project being overseen by the Technical Officer at the Tomato Growers Association may register to use this licence.
Not open to much abuse really lol.

I was stunned by how much the bumble bee trade is worth.

I was stunned by how much the bumble bee trade is worth.
Lot of money to be lost. In bees and crops.
Tree bumbles have provided me with more bird boxes than I will ever use. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back