I'm off to France...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
.....or more to the point, I'm holidaying in France from 23rd July with my girlfriend and our collective five children and I'd quite like to make contact with some French beekeepers for a 'Franglais' chat whilst out there (they'll all be playing silly buggers by the pool whilst I'll be twiddling my thumbs and tearing my hair out thinking of things to be doing rather than sitting prostate and getting burnt in the Macon sun!).

We'll be at Ozolles, 71120, Saone et Loire if that means anything to anyone. Umm, it doesn't to me as it's her house!

Any ideas people???

Please.

Pretty please!

I'm dreading it.

.....or more to the point, I'm holidaying in France from 23rd July with my girlfriend and our collective five children and I'd quite like to make contact with some French beekeepers for a 'Franglais' chat whilst out there (they'll all be playing silly buggers by the pool whilst I'll be twiddling my thumbs and tearing my hair out thinking of things to be doing rather than sitting prostate and getting burnt in the Macon sun!).

We'll be at Ozolles, 71120, Saone et Loire if that means anything to anyone. Umm, it doesn't to me as it's her house!

Any ideas people???

Please.

Pretty please!

I'm dreading it.

Only five? A few years back we took our collective seven. Luckily that was a one off!

I have eight French beekeepers on my api-FB account...some round Paris, no idea where the rest are from your destination. Learn the basic words for beekeeping and visit the local bar would be my suggestion ;). Les abeilles, les Ruches, l'apiculteur should get you by.

If it was me Cris i would send my missus of to France on her own,and i would stay home with the bee's.......perfect.:party:
Hope you enjoy your hols.

If it was me Cris i would send my missus of to France on her own,and i would stay home with the bee's.......perfect.:party:
Hope you enjoy your hols.

Now that would be a blessing Pete!

90+ degrees, constant sun with humid thunderstorms over night that create dense fog and 100% Humidity

Tell me about it.

It's too hot to go out in the day anywhere near the bees AND they get just a trifle aggressive when the temperature heads up between 30 and 40°C. The last week or so has seen some hives with small clusters of bees spending the night on the front of the hive.

You could perhaps contact from the following.

List of French and Belgian Bee keepers that collect swarms.
http://abeille.gudule.org/

List of English speaking Bee keepers in France that collect swarms.
http://www.planetepassion.eu/WILDLI...of-bee-swarms-in-France-English-speaking.html

Personally if I was you I'd forget the bees and take a break, perhaps enjoy some of the other interesting wildlife.

Chris

Get iPhone or Android phone and Tapatalk client.

Stay with us (virtually), but wear less and drink better wine.

FG

Back