• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I'm looking for a Warming cabinet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr C

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all I'm looking for a warming cabinet and I'm based in the hearts and beds Borders

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of us on the forum have gone the DIY route.

An insulated box can be a scrap fridge or freezer, or else knocked up from building insulation board like Celotex or Kingspan, Recticel, XtraTherm, etc ...

The heater can be as simple as a lightbulb and an ex-computer fan. Some like greenhouse-style electric tube heaters, though others discover that their's has come with an internal temperature limiting safety thermostat that prevents it getting hot enough...

The control electronics can be bought as an "STC 1000" found on eBay for little more than a tenner - though if you don't fancy wiring it up yourself you can buy such a thing ready assembled into a box for about £70 (search eBay UK for 'poor mans sous vide' - though paying that sort of markup is going to keep you poor!)

You need look no further than E H Thorne. They stock them. Suspect Windsor is closer than Rand.

Hi I am a bit far away Ely- Cambs, but I happen to have a tall fridge and a tall freezer that I have just put out/replaced they are not bad looking bad looking, and make good warming cabinets when fitted with a small bulb and shelf as you may know, free if you happen to be able to collect, or better still go to the local recycling ctr.
Regards, Paul.

Itma is alive and kicking. He was at the branch meeting last wednesday.

well obviously as he just posted

Where has he just posted? he has not logged into the forum since the 14th of September, and his last post was on the 4th September.

Last edited:
An excellent and cheap controller which is the one I use is:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AB8WUP4?keywords=stc1000&qid=1455962881&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3"]Digital STC-1000 All-Purpose Temperature Controller Thermostat Aquarium w/Sensor: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies[/ame]

£14.

PH

Welcome back Poly Hive.
I bought this
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BVYCZ84?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00"]Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat WH7016E: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

Slightly cheaper

what do you use as the heater with it redwood?

Latest posts

Back