I'm hopeless and hormonal pls help

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm still confused so last year I was trying to be organised then accountant issues and various other stuff got in the way and I've just gone back to my original thread to finish reading advice. I have a strong colony but the wax is ebony and im now having problems seeing the eggs etc added to that I've had a whoopsie week of missing a queen cell and they went crazy drawing queen cells everywhere. So black frames and now also messy. I'm going to fess up and say I am full blown menopausal and having problems with logical thought. Reading my op may said not do do. Full bailey, so I'm guessing take one frame out of the side and add in a new blank frame to be drawn out?? And just shift everything across each week, there is a super on top already full as well of honey. Any help appreciated before I just sit outside the hive and ask them to put me out of my misery 🫣

Good lighting can show up eggs in dark wax and if so then the comb is still servicable - valuable commodity.

If you find an unused one that's unpolished,then perhaps remove that and put in a new frame at the edge of the main nest.

I'm worse now than I used to be I can't seem to identify and prioritize boptions never use to have that issue. 🫣
Good lighting can show up eggs in dark wax and if so then the comb is still servicable - valuable commodity.

If you find an unused one that's unpolished,then perhaps remove that and put in a new frame at the edge of the main nest.
Do you mean use a torch?? Never thought of that,
Yes swarmed but still a good size and I may well have caught swarm unless they've done it a couple of times which is unlikely but never impossible

Yes swarmed but still a good size
not much use doing too much until the new queen gets mated, I would just work out the older combs as the season goes on or, next year, once they're strong, either go for a modified Bailey or Demarree them.

not much use doing too much until the new queen gets mated, I would just work out the older combs as the season goes on or, next year, once they're strong, either go for a modified Bailey or Demarree them.
You see that's where I have lost my brain power🫣. Forgot that with a new queen there is going to be a nice gap in brood so I can get rid of the crappy stuff🙄 thank you . Would you remove a couple at a time and bunch up frames together and add new frames to the side or put new frames into where the old ones have come out of.

You see that's where I have lost my brain power🫣. Forgot that with a new queen there is going to be a nice gap in brood so I can get rid of the crappy stuff🙄 thank you . Would you remove a couple at a time and bunch up frames together and add new frames to the side or put new frames into where the old ones have come out of.
as the colony will be idle for a while I would just take out any vacant ones as they appear but put the new ones to the side.

Latest posts

Back