I'm back !!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

einsteinagogo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
enough (but all insured!)
So it's been, over 5 years since due to a serious road traffic accident stopped me from beekeeping due to my serious injuries, which have rendered me slightly disabled, and coping with serious chronic pain on a day to day basis.

I've kept busy extracting honey, making candles, still member of BBKA, and local associations and keeping myself informed, but the investment made over the years in beekeeping, could not keep me away so I'm back !!!

Damn the pain, that's no going away, and if things get too much I'll reach out to friends to help.

My partner, that has no interest in bees, has also offered to help as well.

So you cannot keep me away, once a beekeeper always a beekeeper.....

and last weekend on Sunday 25th April, I picked up my first two colonies from my Local Association.

Hive 13 - Queen laying in July 2019 with 9 frames of bees and 8 frames of brood in all stages on 22/4/21. Treated with ApilifeVar in August 2020 and two doses of oxalic acid vapour around Xmas/New Year.

Hive 25 - Queen laying in June 2020 with 8 frames of bees and 5frames of brood in all stages on 22/4/21. Treated with MAQS in August 2020 and two doses of oxalic acid vapour around Xmas/New Year.

Looking forward to my return and usual banter!

Andy

So it's been, over 5 years since due to a serious road traffic accident stopped me from beekeeping due to my serious injuries, which have rendered me slightly disabled, and coping with serious chronic pain on a day to day basis.

I've kept busy extracting honey, making candles, still member of BBKA, and local associations and keeping myself informed, but the investment made over the years in beekeeping, could not keep me away so I'm back !!!

Damn the pain, that's no going away, and if things get too much I'll reach out to friends to help.

and last weekend on Sunday 25th April, I picked up my first two colonies from my Local Association.

Hive 13 - Queen laying in July 2019 with 9 frames of bees and 8 frames of brood in all stages on 22/4/21. Treated with ApilifeVar in August 2020 and two doses of oxalic acid vapour around Xmas/New Year.

Hive 25 - Queen laying in June 2020 with 8 frames of bees and 5frames of brood in all stages on 22/4/21. Treated with MAQS in August 2020 and two doses of oxalic acid vapour around Xmas/New Year.

Andy
Welcome back. You'll notice lots of changes. The forum is in new hands and the software is much more reliable so not so many glitches. Dani is a moderator so be careful not to upset her or she might pull your hair - you know how girls are! :ROFLMAO:

Andy
Just one question: 2 hives, numbered 13 & 25. Any particular reason? :ROFLMAO:

Just one question: 2 hives, numbered 13 & 25. Any particular reason? :ROFLMAO:

This was the numbering from the local association. These have now been renumbered 1 (13) & 2 (25).

Welcome back. You'll notice lots of changes. The forum is in new hands and the software is much more reliable so not so many glitches. Dani is a moderator so be careful not to upset her or she might pull your hair - you know how girls are! :ROFLMAO:
Your partner has no interest 😂😂
I had a heart attack . My wife said if you want to keep on beekeeping I’ll help you . I’m not interested in bees I’ll help you lift and carry but thats it ! Now then , was it the 3rd or 4th visit that she was pointing out Queen Cells play cups and Queens before I could spot them . Now I find myself asking “ what do you think ? Plan A B or C ? “
😂😂😂

Your partner has no interest 😂😂
I had a heart attack . My wife said if you want to keep on beekeeping I’ll help you . I’m not interested in bees I’ll help you lift and carry but thats it ! Now then , was it the 3rd or 4th visit that she was pointing out Queen Cells play cups and Queens before I could spot them . Now I find myself asking “ what do you think ? Plan A B or C ? “
😂😂😂

Although my partner says. she's not interested she has helped me out before (before the accident), and her first baptism into beekeeping was, me catching a swarm up the pear tree, and when I tapped the branch in error, the swarm fell on her head!!!! She was wearing a bee suite, and she didn't panic and remained calm!

Many would not have done so.

So yes, she's volunteered with the lifting and carrying, which is what I struggle with.

Thanks for your support.

Andy
I saw your other post before this one. 🤔 Welcome back.😁

Andy
My goodness ... it doesn't seem like all that time ... welcome back - still some familiar names on here along with some newer ones. You'll probably recognise some of the threads as well !

My goodness ... it doesn't seem like all that time ... welcome back - still some familiar names on here along with some newer ones. You'll probably recognise some of the threads as well !

Yes, I still recognize some of the more maturer Beeks on here.

Thanks to all that have welcomed me back, I never really went away, and popped in from time to time to have a read, just didn't post!

Good to be back. (here) and with the bees.

I have joined only recently, but congratulations on getting back into beekeeping. Every day I think ‘I am not going to be able to this much longer’ and wonder whether I should fork out for even more equipment, but I don’t know what I’d do without it. The pleasure of just sitting on a bench watching the bees going backwards and forwards while drinking a cup of tea or wine depending on the time of day, the excitement of hearing and seeing bees busy working a tree, sharing my enthusiasm with new beekeepers, the joy of sharing the honey with friends and family, the thrill of making my own candles and giving as gifts, the latest thrill (lockdown induced) of making my own soap using honey and beeswax, wrapping my cheese in beeswax wraps........

I have joined only recently, but congratulations on getting back into beekeeping. Every day I think ‘I am not going to be able to this much longer’ and wonder whether I should fork out for even more equipment, but I don’t know what I’d do without it. The pleasure of just sitting on a bench watching the bees going backwards and forwards while drinking a cup of tea or wine depending on the time of day, the excitement of hearing and seeing bees busy working a tree, sharing my enthusiasm with new beekeepers, the joy of sharing the honey with friends and family, the thrill of making my own candles and giving as gifts, the latest thrill (lockdown induced) of making my own soap using honey and beeswax, wrapping my cheese in beeswax wraps........
Says it all really ... you get sucked in and it's difficult to even think about not having them around.

thanks, it never really left me, other than not having my own bees !!!

But thanks for your kind words.

Latest posts

Back