II

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
Does anyone use II here in the south east Kent and who would be willing to show me how to do it? I'd love to learn how to & even get together for a chat would be nice.

very good video II of Honeybee Queens with Sue Cobey Ohio State University
and another on you-tube will try and copy you the link.
Kent is a bit far away for a practical... and we have no new queens... or ripe drones as yet.
June at best. Mel Disselkoen advocates queen rearing in late July / August to break the varroa cycle and bring on strong colonies of winter bees to use / sell in the spring

What you need is a rubber prosthetic queen to practice on !

Well I'll be blowed. Can hardly believe what I have seen. Fascinating,

Autoclave ... one word, a high pressure oven for sterilising things in. A pressure cooker works perfectly well for small items.

Autoclave is a steam sterilisation unit it can be as small as a large pressure cooker or as big as a whole room. All surgical equipment in hospitals, vets and scientific institutes etc. all use them.
C

Wow! I don't think I'll be investing in a laboratory any time soon though.

Had a jar in the fridge in best vodka... SWMBO put them in the Christmas mince pies... I think No1 Son scoffed them all... have not told him yet!

Let us know how many swarms you get off him this summer will you :D

Hi Jean,

I have the DVD of Instrumental Insemination Of Honeybee Queens With Susan Cobey

It cost me £40 but i will lend it to you if you want

Latest posts

Back