If you could have a wish list

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czar1960

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
If you could have a wish list of bee stuff for Xmas what would you want?

I would have a new suit mines got holes in.

Last edited:
aside from the walnuts and tangerine in the stocking i'd settle for a signed copy of the very exclusive kazmcc fundraising calendar!!!!!

I am going for a suit too, proper one as I have found out the hard way that you get what you pay for and my £50 one lets the stings through........
So a Sheriff is on my santa list

some Langstroth medium hives :)

i would wish for bees that do not sting or swarm and give me 100lb of honey from each hive:) not much to ask for surely !Chris

Volkswagen Amarok with a hardtop canopy (guess who had his propolis-encrusted "supermini" stuck in the mud earlier this year?).

However, it'll be tricky to get it into the stocking ;) so I might have to settle for a new hive tool.

a pad and pen , so I can write a list for all I plan to do for early next year to have healthy happy productive bees . ::)

a pad and pen , so I can write a list for all I plan to do for early next year to have healthy happy productive bees . ::)

I hope you get your wish,because you cannot wish for anything much better than that regards your bees.

fancy - tempted by Rooftop's Farrar type set up???

going to trial 5 hives next year, nucs set up and ready to convert next year. I took the view that if it didn't work out I could easily add standard or Jumbo brood boxes and just have conventional Langstroths, nowt wrong there. Run on poly with plastic frames as part of the test, poly for the obvious advantages and plastic due to 'pesticides' in wax / availability of foundation (had problems sourcing earlier this year). Will also try the Modern beekeeping swarming system. I have been considering one box beekeeping for decades now but I think it is the availability of a good standard frame has pushed me into a trial, probably inspired by Rooftops. Quite excited about trying it.

Depends on how I get on at the Thornes Rand scrummage, but possibly a 14x12 and peace on earth.

Oh, and a wish that the ruddy christmas advertising wouldnt start before december, but I think I've got more chance of peace on earth than that.:xmas-smiley-013:

"I wish that MB get that 14 x 12 out for next year. It was promised for this."

perhaps william will beat them to it!!!!

Depends on how I get on at the Thornes Rand scrummage, but possibly a 14x12 and peace on earth.

QUOTE]

Perhaps I am being a little thick here - but is this what Thornes are describing as an 'Open Day' on their website (22nd Oct) ? They described the sale days at their other branches as 'sale days' - so I am confused!

Helen

just a thought - for £17 you can buy a national super. if you attacked that and brood box (carefully) with a hot wire cutter and then used some glue and biscuits you could knock up a 14x12 box (plus have left overs that when glued together would probably be just right for a 14x12 conversion eke).

OR just glue two supers together.

just a thought - for £17 you can buy a national super. if you attacked that and brood box (carefully) with a hot wire cutter and then used some glue and biscuits you could knock up a 14x12 box (plus have left overs that when glued together would probably be just right for a 14x12 conversion eke).

OR just glue two supers together.

Thanks DrS I've considered a few things already so now I'm using 2 supers which the bees have glued together :)

Latest posts

Back