If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is - anybody heard of Mike Mcinnes MRPS

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlievictorbravo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - 14x12
The secretary of a beekeeping group that I belong to has received this email from Mike McInnes MRPS.:-

Dear Beekeepers,

I have been researching honey for two decades, and can say with confidence that it is the most potent antidiabetic food known to man.

The refined sugar driven diseases that are plaguing mankind are autism, obesity, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease.

These constitute one third of the global population and at the current rate of increase will cause our species - Homo sapiens to be cognitively incompetent before the end of the 21st century.

Honey can reverse that if consumers switch their sweeteners in food and drinks from refined sugar to honey – it really is as simple as that.

The problem is that the leaders of the industry (to whom I have written) simply fail to grasp that information and refuse to address the science.

The information is included in the article Sweet and Sour Consciousness.

I am currently writing a book on this, and working on a Honey Patent that will transform the industry world-wide.

My perspective is that if a group of beekeepers are interested to form a committee or similar, with which I could liaise, I would write a regular short article that could be shared in the beekeeping community.

One of the reasons that the science of honey is not appreciated in the scientific community is that the papers, although published in western peer reviewed journals are largely from the East/Middle East and are simply not taken seriously.

This neglect has negatively affected the perception of honey in the health professional community and indeed also in the honey industry.

If this is of interest, please get in touch.

I am not an academic, rather a retired pharmacist interested in cerebral energy metabolism and its modern sugar driven impairments.

I work with academics here in Scotland and around the world.

Kind Regards
Mike McInnes MRPS,
Edinburgh
Scotland

I've Googled him and he does exist - has written a couple of books about the health benefits of honey which appear to have been well received by beekeepers around the world - why wouldn't they be? Couldn't find any reaction from academics. Is this crank quasi-science or does his opinion have a strong evidence-based scientific background?

Anybody know?

CVB

Last edited:
The secretary of a beekeeping group that I belong to has received this email from Mike McInnes MRPS.:-

Dear Beekeepers,

I have been researching honey for two decades, and can say with confidence that it is the most potent antidiabetic food known to man.

The refined sugar driven diseases that are plaguing mankind are autism, obesity, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease.

These constitute one third of the global population and at the current rate of increase will cause our species - Homo sapiens to be cognitively incompetent before the end of the 21st century.

Honey can reverse that if consumers switch their sweeteners in food and drinks from refined sugar to honey – it really is as simple as that.

The problem is that the leaders of the industry (to whom I have written) simply fail to grasp that information and refuse to address the science.

I am currently writing a book on this, and working on a Honey Patent that will transform the industry world-wide.

My perspective is that if a group of beekeepers are interested to form a committee or similar, with which I could liaise, I would write a regular short article that could be shared in the beekeeping community.

One of the reasons that the science of honey is not appreciated in the scientific community is that the papers, although published in western peer reviewed journals are largely from the East/Middle East and are simply not taken seriously.

This neglect has negatively affected the perception of honey in the health professional community and indeed also in the honey industry.

If this is of interest, please get in touch.

I am not an academic, rather a retired pharmacist interested in cerebral energy metabolism and its modern sugar driven impairments.

I work with academics here in Scotland and around the world.

Kind Regards
Mike McInnes MRPS,
Edinburgh
Scotland

I've Googled him and he does exist - has written a couple of books about the health benefits of honey which appear to have been well received by beekeepers around the world - why wouldn't they be? Couldn't find any reaction from academics. Is this crank quasi-science or does his opinion have a strong evidence-based scientific background?

Anybody know?

CVB

+ 44 131 622 0390
What’s the phone number?

What’s the phone number?
My dodgy editing - that's his phone number but when I received the email it had triple spacing between the paragraphs so I removed most of the empty lines to reduce its length then added my bit at the end, not realising I had missed some empty lines and his number appeared after my text. Doh!

CVB

p.s. I've now removed his phone number.

Intriguing stuff ~ however the world production of real honey is barely great enough to support demand now . does he realise that a huge percentage of honey on sale is actually mixed with a variety of sugars?

What he's saying makes no sense from a physiological standpoint.

If he can back up what he's saying with peer reviewed papers published in a reputable journal, maybe consider looking into it but to me this reads as a man trying to solicit support for a dubious idea rather than someone with sound evidence on the cusp of a breakthrough.

Be wary about people claiming to have silver bullets for problems such as diabetes etc.. Most actual problems are hard to solve, hence why they are problems.

Mansfield Reformatory Preservation Society
Midwest Railway preservation Society
Multi Ring Phone Service
Manteca Ripon Pentecostal Society
Machine Readable Passport System

In his blurb he says he is a retired pharmacist so probably Royal Pharmaceutical Society, don't you think?

Treating diabetes with honey, which is largely a mixture of sugars, is counter-intuitive to say the least.

CVB

Dear Beekeepers,

Oh piss off. Autism has nothing to do with refined sugar. And wait, Alzheimer's disease too? No. Just...no.

You can always trust someone making prophetic predictions about the end of the human race thanks to the idiocracy. Not.

Because it's garbage and you're a crackpot.

Oh, good! Let's see what he has to say.

Yes, they are doing so at breakneck speed. Modern humans are consuming
excess refined sugars which block the energetic integration of sensory
information that provides the intellectual content of human consciousness. We
may describe this as Sour Consciousness.
What is Sweet Consciousness?
Sweet Consciousness is Honey provision of energy that binds, integrates, and
encodes the sensory information that is the ground of human intellectual
consciousness.

I am screaming. This is TimeCube level lunacy. Do you know how neurons work, Mike? I do, but you clearly don't. 'Energetic integration', a phrase which he presumably found with the assistance of a proctologist. He could say that Honey connects you with the alien thought-masters of Alpha Centauri and I wouldn't even blink.

Certifiable.

I am not an academic somebody who has any background in what I'm talking about, rather a retired pharmacist interested in cerebral energy metabolism something I made up and its modern sugar driven impairments stuff I made up that it causes.

Honey doesn’t get into
the system as quickly as refined sugar , this stops the Pancreas being hit with a sugar rush !
He has used this simple fact and has elevated it to ridiculous proportions ! 😂😂😂

Honey doesn’t get into
the system as quickly as refined sugar , this stops the Pancreas being hit with a sugar rush !
He has used this simple fact and has elevated it to ridiculous proportions ! 😂😂😂
"Schrodinger's Cat" was a teaching tool invented to try and make it more obvious that quantum state collapse was not driven just by conscious observers, by reducing the observer-driven notion to absurdity.

"Schrodinger's Cat" was a teaching tool invented to try and make it more obvious that quantum state collapse was not driven just by conscious observers, by reducing the observer-driven notion to absurdity.
Curiosity killed the cat !

Honey may or may not be what he claims. BUT:
'Proper' honey certainly is better for you than sugar:
Your body breaks food down into glucose in order to use it for fuel. The more complex a food -- namely a carbohydrate -- is, the more work it takes to break it down. Sugar is made of 50 percent glucose and 50 percent fructose, the sugar typically found in fruits, and is broken down very easily, leading to a surge of blood glucose. What your body doesn't use right away gets stored as fat. Honey is also made mostly of sugar, but it's only about 30 percent glucose and less than 40 percent fructose. And there are also about 20 other sugars in the mix, many of which are much more complex, and dextrin, a type of starchy fiber. This means that your body expends more energy to break it all down to glucose. Therefore, you end up accumulating fewer calories from it.
For you honey seller, I would think stating 'better than sugar' would be a fair claim to make.

Latest posts

Back