If it is in Wikipedia, it must be true...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apiarisnt

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
The current entry in Wikipedia about propolis (Propolis - Wikipedia) has the following:

"However, 20th-century research revealed that bees not only survive, but also thrive, with increased ventilation during the winter months throughout most temperate regions of the world.[citation needed]"

The current entry in Wikipedia about propolis (Propolis - Wikipedia) has the following:

"However, 20th-century research revealed that bees not only survive, but also thrive, with increased ventilation during the winter months throughout most temperate regions of the world.[citation needed]"
It's OK - it's been fixed now 😁

Ventilation is big in the US for whatever reason, though I see more and more moving away from it.

It now reads:

However,one 20th-century author (EB WEdmore) professed that bees not only survive, but also thrive, with increased ventilatio. Unfortunately his theory was proven to be flawed and based on dubious data.Other beekeepers and scientists disproved his theories with much work being done by D Mitchell from 2011 onwards.

"ventilation" is missing it's terminal "n".

There is a space missing after "data." (second sentence).

"onward" should have no "s".

Not fixed, still says bees thrive with increasd ventilation in winter etc ...
They've fixed it now - at first they stated that amending it to the correct version was 'Vandalism' after giving them citations they've deleted the claim totally

It now reads:

MS sometimes gives you Keyboard dyxlexia but by the time I'd realised, finished my dinner and gone in to correct it
They'd deleted the whole paragraph, including the untrue claim on ventilation

It now reads:

very comforting having the grammar police standing by to correct my mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back