Ideas on what this is ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I have no idea on what the bees have been collecting but have a fair bit of this mixed in ?

Attachments

• 5DC8D034-E19C-4A2F-BE77-1E0D3D35BB7C.jpeg
    5DC8D034-E19C-4A2F-BE77-1E0D3D35BB7C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 162
Are you talking about the darker patch.

Rembrandt mispainted.

Assuming some colour distortion due to light and camera repro it could be ragwort which isn't green but the deep yellows which show in the picture are reminiscent of it.

It was really green in fact the picture didn’t do a great job of showing it’s true colour. It’s extracted but into large tubs at the minute. Each colony seems to have targeted which ever plant it is as each of the suppers had some. Had I known to start with I would of taken the frames out individual to extract. But it’s now mixed with the rest. When I jar some up I will see , I suppose .

everybody has covid now ,
but what's happened with flu and flu like symptoms ????
Well because the majority of the population were sensible and responsible and wore masks whilst in public places over the winter, the spread of colds and flu was severely curtailed. I'm sure that stupidity and selfishness will soon regain it's rightful place and we'll all have flu again next season

Looks like antifreeze! It's sweet and a quick google suggests bees might collect it.

Also toxic but often has bittering agents added to stop children/animals drinking it.

Looks like antifreeze! It's sweet and a quick google suggests bees might collect it.

Also toxic but often has bittering agents added to stop children/animals drinking it.
Good grief. I hope it hasn’t been split amongst the rest of the crop!

Latest posts

Back