I want to buy a hive.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughjamton

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Morning, first post,I know that some of the members on here make and sell hives. I'm after a cedar national, any recomendations?. How do the prices compare with the big boy's, I imagine the workmanship is better. Do they have web sites?
Cheers

That was the name that got past the goon show censors!

Seriously; Hivemaker makes good quality kit and is will worth sending a PM to.

Last edited:
I can recommend a member on here: Tom Bick.

His website is:Removed by Admin(Send him a pm instead).

I have one of his hives and it is VERY well made.

Daniel

Morning, first post,I know that some of the members on here make and sell hives. I'm after a cedar national, any recomendations?. How do the prices compare with the big boy's, I imagine the workmanship is better. Do they have web sites?
Cheers

Welcome to the forum, recomendations? YES! "Hivemaker." here on the forum.
Made lots of hives for lots of forum members. i have a couple of his cedar nationals and will definatly be having more. great workmanship and very good prices.
Send him a PM, very friendly, approachable and knowlegeble guy. you will not b disapointed!!

HIVEMAKER imo bought one from him a couple of weeks ago, cant recommend his stuff and help highly enough. Price was a little more than thornes budget self build. BUT quality is far far better and I didnt have to build it myself!! His varroa floor is wonderful. You will still need to get the frames etc (dont think he supplies - but ask) but that is easy enough.

Definately Hivemaker - I will be contacting him again shortly as I now have 2 swarms to home not the one planned!!

He is out most of the time working on his bees so give him time to get back to you!!

If you google the beehive workshop you'll get his site. My first hive is a flat pack Thornes and My second is from Tom. It makes the Thornes one look like it's made of pallets. He made it top bee space for me as well; very pleased with it.

Thank's I've had a P.M. from Tom and just waiting to hear from Hivemaker.

HIVEMAKER imo bought one from him a couple of weeks ago, cant recommend his stuff and help highly enough. Price was a little more than thornes budget self build. BUT quality is far far better and I didnt have to build it myself!! His varroa floor is wonderful. You will still need to get the frames etc (dont think he supplies - but ask) but that is easy enough.

Definately Hivemaker - I will be contacting him again shortly as I now have 2 swarms to home not the one planned!!

He is out most of the time working on his bees so give him time to get back to you!!

he does supply the frames as well ;)

Well what can i say, im afraid i am also a Hivemaker fan, lovely guy, superb bees, and the highest quality cedar nationals.

Talking of Hivemaker he gets so hot working his bees he is trialling some funky headgear.

Well what can i say, im afraid i am also a Hivemaker fan, lovely guy, superb bees, and the highest quality cedar nationals.

Talking of Hivemaker he gets so hot working his bees he is trialling some funky headgear.

Didnt get the honor of meeting HM when i went to collect my hive, wish I had now, but he was already out juggling bees when we finally surfaced! His wife and boys are lovely people too though

where is HM based? I'm in Scotland and looking for a second hive but dont hae loads of dosh and reluctant to pay postage if I can help it

Hivemaker is in Somerset and Tom Bick is in London.

Shoot them both a PM regards costs..

There is also Beehivemaker Peter Harris in Carlisle - depending on where in Scotland, you could collect???

Grizzly
You missed the gaffer tape to hold it on LOL
kev

Latest posts

Back