I quit now.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the Finnish Wikipedia website?

Bring back the Bangalore spammers I say!

Maybe if Finny comes back he might post less on here!
Either that or Admin can start a new section inside a cordon sanitaire for people who have quit - could call it the doldrums (or maybe the tantrums! :D

Farther of phone text message, Matti Makkonen Finland
Maybe BUT TEXT messaging was INVENTED by the British during our war against the Dutch

Encoded signalls were hoisted on the sails of windmills so that our troops could know the whereabouts of the enemy and thus despatch them!
Lots of windmills in the flat bit of the Nederlands!

Maybe BUT TEXT messaging was INVENTED by the British during our war against the Dutch[/I][/B]!

Text meassaging was invented in Britain! Wow! After Ice Age?

A first British text message to Dutch. But Dutch did not understant it.

250px-Sales_contract_Shuruppak_Louvre_AO3760.jpg

Last edited:
Only 207 posts .... I would have thought finman on his own could have done better than that .... Perhaps he is leaving ... Oh well. ... Off to count my non existent varroa in my one hive then I'm not going to treat them and after that I will leave all 160kg of honey in the hive for the little darlings to eat .... I've managed to name all 53478 of them now ... And I know each one by name ....

Beatrice .... Oh and my queen is called Alice ...

Well... That should generate a few more from finny ....

Only 207 posts .... I would have thought finman on his own could have done better than that .... Perhaps he is leaving ... Oh well. ... Off to count my non existent varroa in my one hive then I'm not going to treat them and after that I will leave all 160kg of honey in the hive for the little darlings to eat .... I've managed to name all 53478 of them now ... And I know each one by name ....

Beatrice .... Oh and my queen is called Alice ...

Well... That should generate a few more from finny ....

Definition of humour in English

1. the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech:his tales are full of humour

• the ability to express humour or amuse other people:their inimitable brand of humour

2. a mood or state of mind:her good humour vanishedthe clash hadn’t improved his humour

•[count noun] archaic an inclination or whim: and have you really burnt all your Plays to please a Humour?

3. (also cardinal humour) [count noun] historical each of the four chief fluids of the body (blood, phlegm, yellow bile (choler), and black bile (melancholy)) that were thought to determine a person’s physical and mental qualities by the relative proportions in which they were present.

Origin:

Middle English: via Old French from Latin humor 'moisture', from humere (see humid). The original sense was 'bodily fluid' (surviving in aqueous humour and vitreous humour); it was used specifically for any of the cardinal humours (sense 3 of the noun), whence 'mental disposition' (thought to be caused by the relative proportions of the humours). This led, in the 16th century, to the senses 'mood' (sense 2 of the noun) and 'whim', hence to humour someone 'to indulge a person's whim'. sense 1 of the noun dates from the late 16th century

Last edited:
I'm not sure which is longer... this thread or the death aria of Dido in Dido and Aeneas. Perhaps everyone should just kiss and make up.

...and Pargyle I've tried naming mine, too. 1) Do you reuse the names of the deceased bees on the newly hatched or is that unseemly? 2) What form of funeral rite are you using for the deceased?

I'm not sure which is longer... this thread or the death aria of Dido in Dido and Aeneas. Perhaps everyone should just kiss and make up.

...and Pargyle I've tried naming mine, too. 1) Do you reuse the names of the deceased bees on the newly hatched or is that unseemly? 2) What form of funeral rite are you using for the deceased?

No ...much easier than that ... they are all called Beatrice (usually abeevriated to Bea) except for my queen who is Alice (if you are old enough to remember Smokey 'Living next door to Alice' ) ... she being in my garden you see !

Wasp disposal appears to be the current funereal process !!

Nope. So, as every Frenchman knows, de Gaulle liberated Paris, ending WW2. Finny says "know thineself" but at the national level, it is too painful, which is why he is the best thing on this forum.

Britain managed to win WW2..

Oh. I thought that it was Allied forces.
Even Italy won because it turned its coat.

If you look casualties of WW2, it tells something about the war

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Dead Britain 0,5 milj and Soviet Union 22 milj.
China 20 milj civilians.

After war US people has shooted each others more that all dead in official wars.

And not to mention Stalin..

Last edited:
Read the first page..............
read the last page.........
Nobody has left.........

Decided to skip the 20 in the middle.
Admit to doing quite a lot of thread skim reading these days.

How about a new thread summarising the I quit thread in as few as words as possible.

Would be so much simpler if people just did what they said they would do.

And as for the bees, come on, play fair, read the books !

Read the first page..............
read the last page.........
Nobody has left.........

Decided to skip the 20 in the middle.
Admit to doing quite a lot of thread skim reading these days.

How about a new thread summarising the I quit thread in as few as words as possible.

Would be so much simpler if people just did what they said they would do.

And as for the bees, come on, play fair, read the books !

Summary:

"People are ganging up on me. I'm leaving.

But not before I've converted everyone to my way of thinking.

It may take some time as one hive owners need to get brains.

I'm still here."

There you are ... 23 pages condensed to four lines !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back