Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

tonybloke 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
3 Commercial hives with National supers, Top Bee Space. + 2 Nucs
do any of you tech-heads out there know how to use 'sky fire' ( or any other app) to access the chat room on here?

(not for me, but for those members who use apple products)

fox403 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Leave the jokes to moi. Only prob with tapatalk it chucks out random words,,,best read back what u type ;)

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Thanks tony, I guess this is cos of my pm to you.... For info of others I downloaded sky fire on to my iPad but it just gives me a sign in page for the chat room but won't allow me to type anything in to it.....so if any one else knows how to access the chat room from an iPad I would be very grateful.... Thanks for bringing it up tony

AnotherNewBee 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
1 WBC
I downloaded sky fire on to my iPad but it just gives me a sign in page for the chat room but won't allow me to type anything in to it.....
Would that be on account of not having a keyboard? :rolleyes::biggrinjester:

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Nope, it puts it on the screen as a video and then I can't do anything with it... Complicated these apple things. I'd rather grow them myself!

psafloyd 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Probably about 5/6 at the moment
Nope, it puts it on the screen as a video and then I can't do anything with it... Complicated these apple things. I'd rather grow them myself!
I had that and when I played it, it seems to work OK. Will try again and let you know.

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
Do any of you suffer from IPad finger?
I.e. press on a thread and the OP's details come up because you have pressed half a millimetre too high/low.

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Yep, it's easier when the headings are longer!! Thanks psafloyd.
E

chris_richmond 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
The chat room uses flash so you need a flash enabled browser to use it on the ipad.
I have got iswifter installed on my ipad and this loads the chat room fine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Chris

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Thanks, I was obviously told the wrong one I will try iswifter.
E

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
The chat room uses flash so you need a flash enabled browser to use it on the ipad.
I have got iswifter installed on my ipad and this loads the chat room fine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Chris
Apple and Flash, owned by Adobe these days. I seem to remember the conversation where a year and more ago when the two entities slagged each other off. Given that quite a lot of Apple's success in the graphics arena was based on Adobe products, The late Steve Jobs and one of Adobe's senior executives got into a public slanging match about the quality of each other's products. So no Flash on Apple - don't hold your breath. HTML5 is just around the corner . . . for all you Apple fan-boys and girls.

Doubtless the idea is to use the likes of TapTalk to access the pub, from the pub.

What I have against TapTalk, other than the name, is the insistence of a number of users (Blackberry also) of that silly little "Sent by TapTalk from my iPad/Blackberry etc.". As if the world other than the abusive manufacturer and the loyal user, being milked by the former on a regular basis, gives a hoot!

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
That is just the signature that comes with the equipment. All you have to do is go into signature and change it to something else but many don't realise that

alanf 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
What I have against TapTalk, other than the name, is the insistence of a number of users (Blackberry also) of that silly little "Sent by TapTalk from my iPad/Blackberry etc.". As if the world other than the abusive manufacturer and the loyal user, being milked by the former on a regular basis, gives a hoot!
When 'sent from my iPhone' etc first appeared it looked like 'Hey look everybody I have an iPhone'. The spurious justification was that it should be taken as 'done in a hurry, excuse the brevity and spelling' which actually translates as 'I have no life beyond checking my mail every minute, I haven't read your whole note and never will but have a compulsion to respond immediately'. That may just be the managers I worked with, of course. :)

The marketing dept still see it as cheap advertising to make it the default signature line; they have no idea how the practice has always been regarded as a bit crap. As time passes it appears increasingly to be a 'novice user' (the civil version) flag in that they have no idea how to turn it off.

Sent from my kEttle

Dusty Rhodes 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - and steward of 8 others.
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with this problem, since the suggestions posted here?

I hate buying apps that don't work. Can't get refunds.

D

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Not yet, having bought one that didn't work , sky fire, I am loathe to buy another one....your turn! Let me know....
E

Latest posts