I now have my bee's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well, they are here at last

:party::music-smiley-026::party:

6.5 frames worth! not a bad sized nuc!!
just a few coming in and out still at around 9pm and i have a day off tomorrow which will be spent sitting in the garden just watching them bee-smillie

dont think i will sleep tonight thinking about them! :willy_nilly:

I washed my bee suit today so it would be nice and clean for my new bees and the thing shrunk!!!
it now looks like a spray on lycra suit!! :mad:

thats what i said with my bee suit its not that im gettin fat just my cloths are getting smaller:banghead:
oh and good luck with your new bees

Last edited:
Well, they are here at last

:party::music-smiley-026::party:

6.5 frames worth! not a bad sized nuc!!
just a few coming in and out still at around 9pm and i have a day off tomorrow which will be spent sitting in the garden just watching them bee-smillie

dont think i will sleep tonight thinking about them! :willy_nilly:

I washed my bee suit today so it would be nice and clean for my new bees and the thing shrunk!!!

Lol that bit about the suit made me laugh too. :rofl:

I always get them miles too big and the crouch to neck measurement is always too small O.0

Good luck with the nuc and long may your bee fever rage :hurray:

Hiya MrB, I know exactly how you are feeling at the momentbee-smillie...I collected my first nuc's last Saturday and have been up to see them every night since...., I gave them some new frames of foundation earlier in the week, and last night I saw they have started to draw it beautifully so they must be well settled in now:hurray: but just to look at them coming in laden with pollen is just a fantastic feeling, and knowing that all seems well fills you with great excitement. I'm going to do my first inspection proper tomorrow to check for eggs, larvae etc etc so I'll be a bit apprehensive until then:D
Good luck with everything and hope it all goes better than you expected.

I always get them miles too big and the crouch to neck measurement is always too small O.0

Depends on the angle of crouch too I expect...

...as for the OP, almost worth the 40 minute drive to get a candid of him in his spray on for Beekeeper Calendar 2011...snigger...

Blimey how did you do that???...I've washed my suits loads of times and never had a problem with them shrinking at all!!...are you sure you havent just stretched? ;)

got two of their cotton suits and a couple of budget ones I picked up at stoneleigh, I'd recommend them to anyone

problem sorted! see post "Wow what service"

Thanks Bee Basic :hurray:

Back