• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I need some drawn comb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hi, having just visited my allotment shed to get some drawn comb for two bait hives, i found that rather than just a bit of wax month damage that a family of rats with ten baby rats had chewed up all of my drawn comb and soiled all the frames..the local magpies are now rather well fed :)

So i am after a couple of National or 14x12 drawn comb brood frames for my bait hives

i prefer to send cash but if you want i could exchange for thornes frames and foundation

ok i know excanging comb is not really a good thing but assume you would tel me if you had AFB

PM me if you can help. can send money and postage costs

Heoff

By the end of April (likely sort of date for swarms) you should be able to generate some drawn frames from your own hive. They might even need to be a couple of super frames, but would it matter?

Regards, RAB

When do you make your first inspection/spring clean? In the big smoke it is probably Feb/Mar, at that inspection you are bound to find a couple of empty drawn frames that can be swapped for foundation as part of your comb replacement. A syrup feed will boost the colony(s) AND get the foundation drawn quickly ready for the first flow.
:cheers2: Mike

Latest posts

Back