I just wanted to say.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlander

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
12 14x12 hives. 2 standard nationals and 8 14x12 nucs.
I harvested my very first honey crop today. It is the most expensive 6lb of honey that I have ever had but it is my own honey from my own bees and if I say it myself it is very pleasant on the palate.

Good for you. Nice when a plan comes together innit?

I remember getting my first honey last year - there was not a lot - but it was a fantastic feeling, and was (of course) teh best honey I've ever tasted! - and as for price per pound.......

Well done, how very satisfying and you would have only frittered the money away.

I still have the first jar I filled last year from my first honey. I am keeping it for good. It still hasnt set yet although it seems to have darkened quite a bit.
Well done, enjoy.
We have turned into a honey munching family from a previous non honey eating family. Currently have 4 open jars on the go, one of each colour from 4 apiary sites !

Pete D

I also have my first small amount of honey, but just hoping it mellows with time, it almost has a green tinge to it and seems very florally pungent, no idea at all where it has been harvested from.

I must be the only beak who does not actually like honey. I just do it because of the enjoyment

I would estimate it's cost at around £100 per lb. Please don't tell the wife that.

I must be the only beak who does not actually like honey. I just do it because of the enjoyment

Nope: Me too!!

I don't dislike honey just don't particularly like it.
I take jars to work/friends etc and lots of people enthuse about how wonderful it is etc.

I taste it - and can tell that jars from different years are slightly different but thats about it.....

So my "payback" certainly isn't enjoying honey.

(and I don't get enough to sell....)

Our honey from last year I think we tailled it all up and it would cost something in the region of £400 per jar to recoop our money spent last year to get set up as we only got 14 jars.
Mind boggling!

Nope: Me too!!

I don't dislike honey just don't particularly like it.
I take jars to work/friends etc and lots of people enthuse about how wonderful it is etc.

I taste it - and can tell that jars from different years are slightly different but thats about it.....

So my "payback" certainly isn't enjoying honey.

(and I don't get enough to sell....)

Pretty good on spare ribs though

My wee one when asked "Do you want honey on your toast " yes if its from dads bees ,great feeling enjoy youe beekeeping adventure.
Eric

Latest posts

Back