I joined as a member in order to ask about this photo...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob4321

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hello all. I'm not a beekeeper yet, or even a wannabe beekeeper, however I garden to encourage bees and saw this just this afternoon. Have tried Googling what is going on but got nowhere. So thought I'd ask the experts. Thoughts?
IMG_1928.jpg

Hello all. I'm not a beekeeper yet, or even a wannabe beekeeper, however I garden to encourage bees and saw this just this afternoon. Have tried Googling what is going on but got nowhere. So thought I'd ask the experts. Thoughts?
View attachment 25636
Osmia bicornis, Red Mason Bee male and female
Lovely picture

Must be that time of year again :) I rescued a couple of males from a water barrel (soaking bog wood to set up an aquarium) this morning and I noticed they were emerging from their little hotel. I'll have to shift the barrel now.
Stunning photograph!!

Bonking bees I assume - how wonderful. Had it been any other insects I would have assumed that immediately but, with bees, I assumed all the procreation happened hidden in the hive around the queen. Like I said I'm not a bee person - think I need to find myself a copy of 'the life of bees for dummies'. Thank you Erichalfbee for the identification.

Latest posts

Back