I got me one of them swarm things

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Yesterday I took a telephone call for a rather large swarm.

It was 4 weeks earlier than last year but within 200 yards of my first swarm of 2008.

Hanging in a small apple tree at chest height.

I think someone is very kind enough to supply me with a free large swarm every year.

On inspection they are a very nice Carni.:cheers2:

Dont you just love free bees.

Pictures to follow.

Snap!!!

Hubby collected one last evening - about 10 foot from the same place we collected one from last year!

its a biggie though - last years was a cast as opposed to a swarm, so fingers crossed for this one surviving!!!

Jammy So and sos

Lucky people. I was at work yesterday and got a call from the wife to say one of my hives had swarmed. She had the swarm in sight. Left her 82 yr old father to watch it until someone could get ther. She prepared a hive and the catching box etc. I cut short my work and arrived home 3 hours later. The little sods had gone. Father in law had nodded off and they had flown the garden. I spent all of last evening searching neighbours gardens and walking round the village waiting for some irate householder to find me. No luck. I would be the honorourable thing for one or all of you Jammy ******s to package up and send me your swarms!!!!!:grouphug:

Back