Hyperox

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobbias88

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A friend has given me some Hyperox to disinfect my wooden hives. Do I need to dilute this liquid or is it ready to use? Two hives have died with Nosema. Large quantity of honey still remaining.

Will Hyperox remove/kill all remaining nosema spores? Will the honey be safe afterwards for bees or humans? Told to use 50mm per hive on top of frames on a towel & seal in garbage bag for 2 weeks. Hope this works.
Hope to restart late April or May.

Thanks, just safety precautions & not to dispose of into waterways.

Nothing about bees or Nosema. Has any one else used it? Should I dilute it--80%? Add water? Safe?

Will Hyperox remove/kill all remaining nosema spores? Will the honey be safe afterwards for bees or humans? Told to use 50mm (50cc ?) per hive on top of frames on a towel & seal in garbage bag for 2 weeks. Hope this works.
Hope to restart late April or May.

Hi tobbias,
I think you got the wrong stuff, the substance used for disinfection here should be Acetic acid (60-80%)

Regards
Reiner

Will Acetic Acid disinfect capped honey?

Wax combs and frames, supposedly yes - but capped honey?
Wouldn't extracting the honey (and getting it away from any bees) before disinfecting the frames be a better idea?

Will Acetic Acid disinfect capped honey?
No, but it will disinfect the comb and the frame the honey is in.

Wouldn't extracting the honey (and getting it away from any bees) before disinfecting the frames be a better idea?
Clearly the better idea if the woodwork of the frame is heavily soiled and if the amount of honey in the frame is worth the labour - but could get you into a situation where you have to disinfect the extractor...

Regards
Reiner

Latest posts

Back