Huntingdon Area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Basically anyone is welcome to follow me and practice with my hives whenever they feel like in return for a bit of fetching and carrying:hat:

You might learn something then again you might not, some techniques work for some and not others, the aim would be to see one way of doing things and tailor it to your own situation.

C B

Anyone bored and want to play with bees, could do with a hand to paint some nice sheds in return for as many bees to play with as you like:cheers2:

haha

worth a punt!

C B

I'm going to be in the Huntingdon area next month, I think I may have a couple of spare hours on the morning of the 18th Jun and would love to come and visit you posh sheds :)

I'm going to be in the Huntingdon area next month, I think I may have a couple of spare hours on the morning of the 18th Jun and would love to come and visit you posh sheds :)

Thats a friday!? might be doing proper work that day but send me a message nearer the time and i'll have a look see where i'm at.

C B

Getting started in beekeeping again

Hello,

I just found your posts on the Beekeepingforum after searching the internet for beekeeping in Huntingdon.

I recently moved to the area and live in Hartford. My only colony didn't survive winter so I am now back at the beginning. I've been a beekeeper with reasonable success for three years and had three colonies running well in the first year.

If still possible, I'd welcome the opportunity to take you up on your offer to visit your bees, help out, and learn a little more as I get back into it again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Trevor Loveday

Last edited:
Hi

I am from Whittlesey, are you still offering mentorship?

Rgds

David

Hi

Yes i can always accomodate the odd visit although with the weather as rubbish as it has been it is difficult to make plans. I will send you a PM in a bit with my number on it.

C B

i am often in huntingdon for work and would love to meet/ work/ watch...so much to learn and so little time.

Mentorship

I am coming down to Houghton Mill for a week 18th to 24th July 2012. Came last year but could not find a beekeeper but lots of honey bees about. I would love to come and see your operation if possible. I keep 6 colonies of bees on the Lancashire/Cumbria Border with bees generally in hats and overcoats. Your terrain is totally different to ours. It was a big suprise not to see hills ?.
Regards Phil

Latest posts

Back