Hungry badgers raiding bumblebee nests

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's OK Darren, when we have droughts up here we just feed them our chickens. They can rip timber and wire mesh no trouble...the record was ten dead bantams in a raised house right beside the kitchen. They only took one head!

The DEFRA badger liaison officer from Worcester came and documented it as a definite badger attack (not very hard...the only triangular animal hair around).

I had to put electric fencing around my hives during the winter as they took a fancy to my hives.

They walked straight past two ropey old hives and straight to my newest ones. I dunno what aftershave Hivemaker was wearing when he made them but the badgers seem to like it.

Had a Badger dig out a wasp nest in my front garden a couple of years ago.

Nice job.:party:

Hi we had to bumble bees nest dug out by badgers, outside our place , plenty of bumble be in our garden on lavender and Hollyhock they fall on ground full of pollen, our bees either don't mix well or prefere balsom. Our neighbour had a dozen hen's taken by fox's got some more they went same way, it saved the fox save trip to super market its over a mile away, anybody tried squirel pie there going to waste here

I feed the squirrels to the fox- keeps him happy and hopefully away from local hens-

Latest posts

Back