Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

susbees 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
35ish
It's OK Darren, when we have droughts up here we just feed them our chickens. They can rip timber and wire mesh no trouble...the record was ten dead bantams in a raised house right beside the kitchen. They only took one head!

The DEFRA badger liaison officer from Worcester came and documented it as a definite badger attack (not very hard...the only triangular animal hair around).

darrenperrett 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I had to put electric fencing around my hives during the winter as they took a fancy to my hives.

They walked straight past two ropey old hives and straight to my newest ones. I dunno what aftershave Hivemaker was wearing when he made them but the badgers seem to like it.

Silly Bee 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
Had a Badger dig out a wasp nest in my front garden a couple of years ago.

Nice job.:party:

Terrysbees 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi we had to bumble bees nest dug out by badgers, outside our place , plenty of bumble be in our garden on lavender and Hollyhock they fall on ground full of pollen, our bees either don't mix well or prefere balsom. Our neighbour had a dozen hen's taken by fox's got some more they went same way, it saved the fox save trip to super market its over a mile away, anybody tried squirel pie there going to waste here

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I feed the squirrels to the fox- keeps him happy and hopefully away from local hens-